Post Game: Green Bay defeats Chicago 27-10

I'll agree that Amari's not progressing as fast as we hoped. I think it's more mental - Learning to run precise routes, learning timing, reading defenses and adjusting to the same thing as your quarterback.

I haven't heard anything that he's not trying. When interviewed all I've read is that he's accepting the challenge and trying to earn his spot. He's no longer faster and more athletic than everyone, now he's getting stressed on the hardest part of the game.

Same with the other rookies. Honestly, they'd probably be better off with Love who isn't as sophisticated - but the Pack wouldn't
Again it’s spread WR and now adjusting to what a real route tree is…and no Love would not have helped with that. In some respects they simplified the game for Doubs and Watson vs Chicago and ran pretty basic sets with them

Although a reach, it's still possible that Amari will suddenly understand the whole thing, and understand his role in the scheme of things.

It comes in varying speeds to people. I remember how people wanted to throw Gary on the scrap pile after year one, and even well into his second year. For some, the curve is slower, because it only comes when the game slows down in front of you.
And much depends on what system they came from in college. Chase developed faster and to a great extent is because LSU ran a pro system Joe Brady ran at NOLA.

I'm only thinking Love would have made it easier on the young receivers because he's not going to change as much at the line

Back