Post Game Chargers Defeat Green Bay 26-11

Even AR said it was “a slice of humble pie”.

Watch film
Learn from mistakes
Don’t repeat mistakes
Move on to next game.

No time to wallow in self pity!

I do suspect there was some jet lag phenomena involved. But that defense really needs to pull it together before the playoffs.

The Chargers let us hang around today. It was very much there for the taking.

My hope is that this allows ML to take a step back and recommit to having a more run heavy game plan. It seems like Rodgers had that monster game against the raiders and then they came out the next week with a pass heavy plan against KC and again against SD. Look back to how they handled the Philly loss when they got pass happy. Dialed it back against Dallas, went more balanced and took it to them. I do think that will be tougher with Adams back, it seemed like Rodgers just wanted to play pitch and catch with him rather than run the offense, but it’s hard to say when their front four just dominated our OL.

On D, it’s not that Im saying they’re good, I’m saying that the way they’ve been playing has been part of a winning formula, and that they didn’t play any differently yesterday. They held SD to 12 points through 2.5 quarters. Yes explosive plays etc. but the game was close, and the O needs to do something - anything - to turn momentum and make it a complementary game and they couldn’t.

Defense played as well as they have on a 7-1 team, but they did not get a turnover.

Offense played as well as it has a number of times, didn't get that big lucky play or two resulting in crucial points.

Maybe it's anomalous. They definitely seemed jet lagged. But maybe this is how good we are, we just didn't get the couple of breaks we've been getting. I'll stick to the anomaly theory, pending more evidence.

Three more wins for a wildcard.

Stole this from a twitter post but sheds some light on what happened. Translation: too many guys enjoying the SoCal weather and partying. Makes a lot of sense now. Expect ML to fix this right away.

ie3QuF.png

MEH... you can spin those comments anyway you want really. I think they faced a team back against the wall with a ton of speed and playmakers. Sunday the calls and turnovers didn't go GB way and they couldn't overcome it.

That's true Mark. But if nothing else it's a sign that they don't have the roster talent to come into a game unfocused and win. As Pack has been saying, the margin for error is thin and if a couple starters show up underslept, dehydrated and/or hungover, they're going to get stomped. Gotta be focused.

Couple of thoughts

1. Not really shocked to be honest, hungry team and are I think 2-5 in games decided by 7 or less. Many looked at the record and not the depth chart.
  2. Most complete team we have faced all year. Bosa and Ingram are game changers on D and Rivers is a HOF QB who can pick apart a defense. They have speed on the edges, not KC speed but fast and Gordon is solid
  3. Depth on DL got exposed, they got dominated
  4. Not to beat a dead horse but margin of error is razor thin, this is closer to a 5-3 team than 7-1 going in. They escaped vs DET and MINN and caught a big break with #15 out in KC
  5. Late bye week bit us, legs were gone and it showed late even in 1st half
  6. Road trip west after a Sunday night game did us no favors, not an excuse but it is what it is
  7. Hard to get up for 16 weeks no matter what level, its human nature
  8. All in all a perfect storm
  9. First time all year they have faced adversity, how they come out in the 1st half vs Carolina will be telling
  10. This is not a fast team, overall team speed is limited and matchups matter

That's true Mark. But if nothing else it's a sign that they don't have the roster talent to come into a game unfocused and win. As Pack has been saying, the margin for error is thin and if a couple starters show up underslept, dehydrated and/or hungover, they're going to get stomped. Gotta be focused.
Not sure how to say it but that's 95% of the league and even the NE get knocked around. No dominant team in the league. Wide open

There's a reason very few teams even come close to a 1 loss season, and very few teams win less than 2 games. They're all pros, and on any given day, a couple of breaks on the field, and the right game plan, and mindset, and the team trying to reach 16-0 can be dominated by someone on their way to 0-16.

Back