Playoffs Game 2 : Official Green Bay vs Dallas Thread

The more I read about this game, the more I realize this Dallas team does not respect GB, especially our D. They consider them paper tigers and think they are going to toss us around and roll through this one. They might be right. Or they might be giving those guys some motivation.
I sure hope the Packers eat that up and take it to them.

I was somewhat on the fence with this one. Jordy is a game changer. I might have gone with the Packers to win, if he was playing. It wasn't that I figured him to have 10 catches and 150 yards, with 3 TDs. It was more of a presence on the field, that could draw double teams.

Now I definitely have to go with the Cowboys to win it, and that makes me unhappy. I hope I'm wrong on this one.

Cowboys 34
Packers 24

It might not be as close as the score.

With Jordy out it will be interesting to see if Dallas is any more successful at limiting Cook's impact than the Gmen were.

http://m.packers.com/news/video/the-...5-2e3e8590179a

The Cowboys are not very good against TEs. They've given up the third most yards to TEs and the 2nd most completions to TEs in 2016. Cook is going to need to have a big game and considering these stats he should be able to.

The Cowboys are not very good against TEs. They've given up the third most yards to TEs and the 2nd most completions to TEs in 2016. Cook is going to need to have a big game and considering these stats he should be able to.

the packers are not very good against the pass. in fact, only one nfl team gave up more passing yards per game than the packers. and only one nfl team gave up more passing tds than the packers. this also explains why the packers gave up relatively few rushing yards per game. it's not because the packers defense is good against the run. i mean, why even bother to run against the packers?

the entire packers offense is going to need to have a big game if we are going to have any chance of winning this game.

the packers are not very good against the pass. in fact, only one nfl team gave up more passing yards per game than the packers. and only one nfl team gave up more passing tds than the packers. this also explains why the packers gave up relatively few rushing yards per game. it's not because the packers defense is good against the run. i mean, why even bother to run against the packers?

the entire packers offense is going to need to have a big game if we are going to have any chance of winning this game.

Why even run? Sarcasm? Because Dak isn't good enough to beat GB all on his own. They didn't rely solely on his arm all year and they aren't going to start Sunday. The Packers are giving up an average of 4.0 yards per carry. Not terrible. Yes they give up a bunch of yards in the passing game but they are also near the top in INTs as well. Not to mention for the last 7 games they've been playing with a lead. Teams cant afford to run when they are trailing by a couple scores in the second half.
Now turn the tables and look at Dallas' defense. Dallas is 26th in passing yards allowed and that is GBs strong suit. Dallas has fewer rushing attempts against that GB. Why because you can throw on them just as easy. Dallas has given up 140 less passing yards than GB. They are giving up a worse passer rating than GB and only have 9 INTs on the season. AR should have a field day even without Jordy.

Reactions: TW
I was somewhat on the fence with this one. Jordy is a game changer. I might have gone with the Packers to win, if he was playing. It wasn't that I figured him to have 10 catches and 150 yards, with 3 TDs. It was more of a presence on the field, that could draw double teams.

Now I definitely have to go with the Cowboys to win it, and that makes me unhappy. I hope I'm wrong on this one.

Cowboys 34
Packers 24

It might not be as close as the score.
Gosh, we think alike! I have the Cowboys winning this 31-24 for the same reason. Also, if I have no expectation to win, then the heartbreak of a loss will be less, and a win will be that much more enjoyable, lol! That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Link and I were discussing it last night. Lots of post-season heartbreaks.
  1. DEN SB 32
  2. SF Jerry Rice not-really-a-catch catch
  3. ARI OT Facemask Fumble
  4. NYG Favre Pick
  5. PHI 4th and 26
  6. SEA Conservative Collapse (or the Bostick botch)
Hopefully, it's Dallas that suffers a heartbreak. I think we're due one to go our way. Still... I'm sticking with and preparing for 31-24 loss - these heartbreaks are killing me!

Think some of you guys are wrong here. My money and my gut says it's going to be a three point game at the end and being a homer I say the Packers win 31 to 28. No argument that our defense isn't much better today than last game but Arod is playing lights out and our WR's have finally figured it out. Crosby wins this one at the end with a field goal. I'll eat the crow if I'm wrong as it's happened a few times in the past but one good thing they are low on cholesterol.

We can, and will beat the cowboys without Jordy. Rodgers is in a zone! Giants D that we shredded was a whole lot more talented than Dallas D

Back