Pistol Pete Maravich

TW

Reaction score
I watched this guy play in both college and the NBA. He could shoot. I can only imagine what is PPG would have been if they had the 3 point shot for most of his career, instead of just the last three, when he was wore down. He could unload from anywhere on the floor, and make baskets.

It makes me think about so many players that could be even more, if they are in the right system. I think that's what we've been seeing with Portis. A guy who has really found his niche in the NBA, and excels at it.

He's just an example. There are a lot of players like this.

I watched this guy play in both college and the NBA. He could shoot. I can only imagine what is PPG would have been if they had the 3 point shot for most of his career, instead of just the last three, when he was wore down. He could unload from anywhere on the floor, and make baskets.

It makes me think about so many players that could be even more, if they are in the right system. I think that's what we've been seeing with Portis. A guy who has really found his niche in the NBA, and excels at it.

He's just an example. There are a lot of players like this.
Pete was so good in the open court and his passing skills were amazing. I remember him playing vs Marquette in the NIT, watched him in Milwaukee when he was with Atlanta

One guy who would have tore up the 3 point like back then was Rick Mount @ Purdue. One of the most pure shooters I have ever seen

Pete was so good in the open court and his passing skills were amazing. I remember him playing vs Marquette in the NIT, watched him in Milwaukee when he was with Atlanta

One guy who would have tore up the 3 point like back then was Rick Mount @ Purdue. One of the most pure shooters I have ever seen
Rick was an amazing scorer in college. Not quick enough to repeat that success in the ABA. He worked hard for his success. Was out in his parents driveway shooting baskets in freezing weather, and in the rain.

Rick was an amazing scorer in college. Not quick enough to repeat that success in the ABA. He worked hard for his success. Was out in his parents driveway shooting baskets in freezing weather, and in the rain.
As a pure shooter Austin Carr comes to mind also. Unlimited range

Back