Passing game struggles point to ineffective WR coach Raih

Wow. This just continues to prove what a lot of us have been saying. Disfunction in the organization and bad assistant coaches developing players. Along with
Bad assistant coaches shows disfunction in the head coach, not necessarily the organization. The front office rarely has any say into who the HC hires for position coaches.

As Packer fans this should stand out :

Longtime NFL general manager Charley Casserly, now an NFL Network analyst, spent time each offseason picking the brains of his colleagues around the league. Looking for names for future searches, Casserly would ask why they decided against hiring certain candidates.
"Invariably," Casserly said, "many of them said, 'The staff he wanted to hire would have gotten him fired.' There's nothing more important to a coach's success, except his own leadership skills. When I would do interviews, a lot of times I would say, 'Give me [the names of] your staff, and then we'll take a break and decide whether this [interview] will continue."

Maybe this guy isn't the greatest.

But, when it's been 3d and 2'ish, his guys have been open across the first down line and Hollywood has thrown them bounce passes.

Recievers have been open all year but needed binoculars to see the ball thrown by Hollywood.

Defenders can and are giving themselves cushions unafraid of a underneath pass, because they know it's not getting thrown.

As mentioned above, this guy might not be the best. He's learning and appears to be able to accept criticism and coaching. He does not make the passing game strategy.

This guy is not the problem. This is like blaming a corporal for initial set backs during the battle of the bulge.

If a Packer hasn't already said this guy isn't the problem, what this shows is the Packers top to bottom are a bunch of weak tits.

“David Raih is a fraud,” a member of the Packers’ scouting or coaching staffs in 2017 said. “He’s the next hot one that Mike’s developing. He’s not a coach.”

I can't believe that a member of the staff said that to the reporter. Just another clue as to the dysfunction on that staff. Time for it to be wiped clean.

Couple of things. Other than Adams this group runs some of the laziest routes you want to see. And not understanding how as a WR you need to read coverage. That’s on coaching. 2nd how in the wide world of sports was this not clear not only to McCarthy but also Gute and Murphy? Accountability. Not just the staff but also the front office. Coordinations and coaches get fired in season and clearly there were issues

Couple of things. Other than Adams this group runs some of the laziest routes you want to see. And not understanding how as a WR you need to read coverage. That’s on coaching. 2nd how in the wide world of sports was this not clear not only to McCarthy but also Gute and Murphy? Accountability. Not just the staff but also the front office. Coordinations and coaches get fired in season and clearly there were issues

I've been saying this all year. They don't know how to work the field when they aren't the primary receivers. They run their assigned route, and become spectators. The only three guys on our roster who know how to come back to the QB are Adams, Kumerow, and Kendricks. Allison showed signs he was getting there, but outside of that? Nada!

If you wonder what frustrates Rodgers, that has to be at the top of the pile. He's used to guys who work back towards him at the end of a route, and get their body between him and the defenders, so he can make those impromptu throws.

Adams does not work to get open either. He wins his routes all the time, yes. But he stands around just as much as the others. This has been a problem for years with this group. Jordy was self motivated to do it, so was Cobb. The others, not so much.

Pack - to your second point about Gute and Murphy not realizing what going on with assinstant coaches. I think this is a case where MM is a 10+ year HC and upper brass isn’t going to meddle. I don’t think I want them meddling either.

Adams does not work to get open either. He wins his routes all the time, yes. But he stands around just as much as the others. This has been a problem for years with this group. Jordy was self motivated to do it, so was Cobb. The others, not so much.

Pack - to your second point about Gute and Murphy not realizing what going on with assinstant coaches. I think this is a case where MM is a 10+ year HC and upper brass isn’t going to meddle. I don’t think I want them meddling either.
Fair points. I recall a route that Adams did not come back and adjust @ Chicago and 12 was not too happy. I don’t disagree on the meddling but if it’s going off the rails like it did there is a point where you at a minimum have a discussion. Not sure if that happened we don’t know.

Back