Packers trade CB Damarious Randall to Browns, get back QB DeShone Kizer

Can Rollins run any more? That achilles injury was bad and he was never fast to begin with.

Didn't understand the trade when I heard about it Friday night. After a full weekend I still don't understand it. Just feels to me like a situation where McCarthy tells Gute that "Randall has to go, find a taker" and Gute found the only available deal.

But to trade arguably our best CB, from an already thin position, for a guy in Kizer who right now is about as trustworthy to keep the team afloat as Hundley if Rodgers goes down again, is head scratching. (yeah I know we're moving to the top of the 4th and 5th rounds as well) Sure, its really early in the offseason. Yes, we could trade/cut Hundley, sign a veteran backup QB and a couple CB's and everything might be fine. But right now this doesn't make any sense.

Didn't understand the trade when I heard about it Friday night. After a full weekend I still don't understand it. Just feels to me like a situation where McCarthy tells Gute that "Randall has to go, find a taker" and Gute found the only available deal.

But to trade arguably our best CB, from an already thin position, for a guy in Kizer who right now is about as trustworthy to keep the team afloat as Hundley if Rodgers goes down again, is head scratching. (yeah I know we're moving to the top of the 4th and 5th rounds as well) Sure, its really early in the offseason. Yes, we could trade/cut Hundley, sign a veteran backup QB and a couple CB's and everything might be fine. But right now this doesn't make any sense.

We don't have the money to sign a player that "will keep us afloat if Rodgers goes down." The only option beyond that is drafting someone - which I think Kizer, who was terrible in a terrible situation as a rookie, still has about as much chance of working out as taking a 5th round QB.

I'm assuming we'll probably cut Hundley and keep Kizer, essentially starting over the Hundley project with Kizer but getting it for 3 years.

As you note at the end, what they do over the next few weeks will tell us the projected success of this.

Its so damn hard to judge backup qbs. Hell even the guys like Foles and Keenum who turned out to be good last year stunk when they played in there last stops.

I expected them to upgrade the backup QB position but Kizer? Maybe an off season and camp with McCarthy and Rodgers will help but I don't see a whole lot there.

I expected them to upgrade the backup QB position but Kizer? Maybe an off season and camp with McCarthy and Rodgers will help but I don't see a whole lot there.

A good off season in MMs QB school should work wonders. Just like the past couple seasons with Hundleysc)).....sorry, I couldn't resist.

A few thoughts
1) Pittsburgh tough MM couldnt handle Randall? He has enough potential he should have been kept. Mm is a wuss puss...
2) QB pool is so bad this isnt a horrible move if you really need to. Most QBs would have sucked in CLE
3) this smells like a half baked scheme to send Arod and his agent a message during contract negotiations.. ya i can hear Arod and his agent laughing too...

This makes zero sense to me. But most of what GB has done over past several years has made sense... but at least they made a move.. not one that makes sense. But A for effort?​

alrighty, because it's really slow I'm revisiting this.. going back reading articles etc...

Packers notes: Damarious Randall must 'clean his own house'

That is from Jan 4th, 2018...

Basically Randall called out both coaches, and indirectly veterans, and of course that's never good... Even though IMO he is correct...

Also, Randall, despite missing the last two games if I remember correctly;
Led the team in INTs with 4
Led the team in PDs with 9
Was the only DB with a pick 6
Was 6th overall in solo tackles with 38

Sorry, if your coach and veteran players have such fragile egos that they can't handle this guy being outspoken then that's a sad sign for GB.. Randall went out and put his money where his mouth was as one of the best DBs on the team..

I grow less and less impressed with the new regime as time goes on...

Back