Packers To Hire Matt LaFleur As HC

Respectfully disagree on this point. Looking at fan reaction on social media many think that firing McCarthy was the silver bullet and how ML will “fix” Rodgers. If this team fails to make the playoffs and it’s possible blame will get placed. It’s the nature of the league and time we are in. It’s win now especially with a HOF guy behind center

What some fans want to perceive for this year doesn't matter. There's always fans out there every year that see a 14 to 16 win season and a march through the playoffs to another Lombardi Trophy, and half the guys on the team are on their way to Canton, as soon as they retire.

Over the next few months, through the draft, and free agent season, and preseason, a lot of expectations will change. If people are too high on this team going in, they should probably expect to be disappointed. I won't be, just like I wasn't disappoint the last two years with their records. I stated, both years, what would, or could happen, and where the season would go.

It's even possible after the season ahead that some people will be longing for the last two seasons, because they don't understand what happened.

What I said is that people need to learn to enjoy the differences and the potential for the future. What they actually do is strictly up to each and every one of them.

What some fans want to perceive for this year doesn't matter. There's always fans out there every year that see a 14 to 16 win season and a march through the playoffs to another Lombardi Trophy, and half the guys on the team are on their way to Canton, as soon as they retire.

Over the next few months, through the draft, and free agent season, and preseason, a lot of expectations will change. If people are too high on this team going in, they should probably expect to be disappointed. I won't be, just like I wasn't disappoint the last two years with their records. I stated, both years, what would, or could happen, and where the season would go.

It's even possible after the season ahead that some people will be longing for the last two seasons, because they don't understand what happened.

What I said is that people need to learn to enjoy the differences and the potential for the future. What they actually do is strictly up to each and every one of them.
And I don’t disagree with you. Personally my expectations are muted for multiple reasons. But like i said there is a general perception out there that ML is the silver bullet and McCarthy was the issue. I’ve read it and talking to friends that line of thinking is out there I don’t think really anyone expects 14 wins but if this team does not make the playoffs the fan base or should I say a majority of the fan base will wonder what the hell is up. I actually think post draft expectations may get higher

I with TW on this. Personally I'm really looking forward to how BG and ML are going to build this roster and re-vamp some tired schemes. I think some fans think too simplistically about ML just flipping a switch and we win every week. I do believe that most fans, especially the more knowledgeable ones know this is going to be a process - like 2-3 years and don't have crazy expectations for 2019.

As a bonus for me, it's been more fun looking at the draft this year and trying to figure out how guys will fit into new schemes and what ML wants or needs to get the offense where he can do all the things he'd like to be able to do. What's been the biggest challenge is trying to fill all the needs, even with 2-3 quality FAs. That's what tells me this is likely going to take 2-3 years at least.

Last edited:
I with TW on this. Personally I'm really looking forward to how BG and ML are going to build this roster and re-vamp some tired schemes. I think some fans think too simplistically about ML just flipping a switch and we win every week. I do believe that most fans, especially the more knowledgeable ones know this is going to be a process - like 2-3 years and don't have crazy expectations for 2019.

As a bonus for me, it's been more fun looking at the draft this year and trying to figure out how guys will fit into new schemes and what ML wants or needs to get the offense where he can do all the things he'd like to be able to do. What's been the biggest challenge is trying to fill all the needs, even with 2-3 quality FAs. That's what tells me this is likely going to take 2-3 years at least.
Winner)

The Green Bay Packers have named Kevin Koger offensive quality control coach and Jason Vrable offensive assistant. Head Coach Matt LaFleur made the announcements Friday.
Koger joins the Packers after working for six seasons at the collegiate level. For the past three seasons, he coached wide receivers at Eastern Kentucky, adding special teams coordinator to his duties in 2018. Last season, the Colonels’ special-teams unit ranked No. 14 in the country with two punts blocked, led the Ohio Valley Conference with 23.2 yards per kickoff return and was one of 10 in the nation that did not allow a blocked kick. Koger, a former co-captain and All-Big Ten honorable mention selection as a senior at the University of Michigan in 2011, was a quality control coach at the University of Tennessee in 2015, working with the offensive line and wide receivers. He worked as a graduate assistant for the Wolverines in 2013-14, assisting the tight ends coach and special teams coordinator. Koger began his coaching career as a tight ends/wide receivers coach at Saline (Mich.) High School in 2012.
Vrable enters his seventh season as an assistant coach in the NFL. For the past two seasons, he served as an offensive assistant for the New York Jets. Prior to his time with New York, Vrable spent four seasons with the Buffalo Bills, working as an offensive quality control coach from 2013-15 and then as an assistant quarterbacks coach in 2016. After Week 3 of the 2016 season when Anthony Lynn was promoted to offensive coordinator, Vrable added the duties of interim running backs coach. Prior to his time in the NFL, he worked in the college ranks for six years. Vrable began as a strength intern at the University of South Florida for the summer of 2007 and then returned to Marietta (Ohio) College, where he was a two-time captain and offensive Most Valuable Player as a quarterback, to coach the position for the 2007 season. In 2008, he went to Robert Morris University (Moon, Pa.) to coach quarterbacks, and then worked for Syracuse University as an offensive quality control/assistant to the wide receivers coach (2009) and graduate assistant/assistant to the quarterbacks coach (2010). Vrable spent two seasons at the University of Charleston (2011-12) as the school’s offensive coordinator/quarterbacks/running backs coach, as the school led its conference in total offense and rushing offense in 2012.

Could have been that ML told him he didn't really fit in the style offense he wanted to run and Matthews chooses to "embellish" that discussion with ML.

ML had hard words for Matt Ryan in ATL as well. He is a straight shooter it seems.

ML and Matt Ryan

Some guys ego's can't take criticism. Maybe that's Rishard Matthews.

So far so good on ML from the GB side, but only fair to post the bad with the good. Rishard Matthews took issue with ML's coaching style, calling him a punk.

Matthews was a member of the Titans from 2016-2018. After three games in 2018, Matthews asked for his release from Tennesee because of the lack of playing time. In October, Matthews signed with the New York Jets and only played in five games because he was placed on injured reserve in December. In eight games with the Titans and Jets, Matthews posted five receptions for 24 yards.

that's all you need to know right there.

I think the whole thing is amusing but interesting in one way: GB media has made a point of saying how soft ML comes across, but I think he’s tougher and more demanding in private than he comes across.

Back