Packers TE Martellus Bennett ruled out for Bears game with shoulder injury

So he had an injury he failed to disclose that is so bad they cut him. Yet he plays right away.

In other words check mate Bennet.
He was hurt so bad he couldn't play 2 weeks ago vs. Detroit and was ruled out vs. the Bears before he was cut then was miraculously well enough to play with the Patriots.

Check Mate Packers.

A dispute over when to have surgery is what got Steve Perry kicked out of Journey.. true story...

All I know is Marty B better not write any children's books about the value of persevering through tough situations, or sticking by your teammates through thick and thin. Now that I think about it it'd be kinda funny to read a kids book about a little boy who manipulates everyone around him in order to get his way, and learns no lesson at the end.

A dispute over when to have surgery is what got Steve Perry kicked out of Journey.. true story...

Thank goodness for the web. My first question was 'who is Steve Perry?' and the second was 'what is Journey?'. Now I know. :)

Thank goodness for the web. My first question was 'who is Steve Perry?' and the second was 'what is Journey?'. Now I know. :)

You're kidding right?sh)) How old are you? My 75 year old father knows Journey and my 12 year old son does too. ;)

Here you go... I saw them in concert in '78. This is the song that got me hooked on Steve Perry/Journey.

Okay, that one is MY favorite. Here is probably there most popular of many. If you don't recognize this one... well... we're going to have to start a classic rock thread and get you learned up. I'm sure Realti will help!

Last edited:
You're kidding right?sh)) How old are you? My 75 year old father knows Journey and my 12 year old son does too. ;)

You gotta know HalfEmpty's humor. It's classic.

You gotta know HalfEmpty's humor. It's classic.
Okay, then I won't think any less of him for what I thought was a lack of knowledge of Steve Perry/Journey. Now, his sense of humor on the other hand... sh))

I didn't know Steve Perry from Adam either to be honest. I heard of Journey, never listened to their music. They ain't my cup of tea! I have heard; "Don't stop believing," and think it's okay, but not something I need on my music list.

I'm strictly "old school" music from the 50s & 60s. Sometimes we don't have a clue as to who is performing some of today's music.

I'd guess a lot of younger people out there wouldn't know who Santo & Johnny, The Crewcuts, or The Lettermen are either.... goes two ways. :)

I didn't know Steve Perry from Adam either to be honest. I heard of Journey, never listened to their music. They ain't my cup of tea! I have heard; "Don't stop believing," and think it's okay, but not something I need on my music list.

I'm strictly "old school" music from the 50s & 60s. Sometimes we don't have a clue as to who is performing some of today's music.

I'd guess a lot of younger people out there wouldn't know who Santo & Johnny, The Crewcuts, or The Lettermen are either.... goes two ways. :)
Journey is a Top Ten Classic Rock band that gets a whole lot of airplay, even today! I haven't heard "Sh-boom" or "Sleepwalk" in a long time! (Sleepwalk had great lyrics, btw. As far as the Crew Cuts... I didn't like their hippy hairstyles. The Lettermen wore nice sweaters, though.) Seriously, Sleepwalk is an awesome tune and timeless classic!

Last edited:
Back