Packers sign RT Wagner from Lions

Both Kirksey and Wagner are stop-gap guys. Personally I don't have a problem with it. The 6th worst RT is still better than nobody - which is where we are at right now unless you think Light is an option. There was not much out there this year at OT unless you want an old guy or other guys coming off crappy seasons.

They simply weren't going to be able to afford Bulaga and fill other holes. The last thing you want is to go into the draft with huge holes forcing you to reach, or telegraphing to other teams where you need to go. TT did that too often.

A side benefit . . . both of these guys are street free agents so don't count against the compensatory pick formula. If Bulaga and Martinez sign a pair of rich contracts they might get a nice comp pick or two next spring.

Both Kirksey and Wagner are stop-gap guys. Personally I don't have a problem with it. The 6th worst RT is still better than nobody - which is where we are at right now unless you think Light is an option. There was not much out there this year at OT unless you want an old guy or other guys coming off crappy seasons.

veldheer?

and re: kirksey, his contract isn't a whole lot less than kwiatkoski got. which one would you have rather had?

veldheer?

and re: kirksey, his contract isn't a whole lot less than kwiatkoski got. which one would you have rather had?
Packers can move on from both Wagner and Kirksey in one year I can't complain that they can get a draft pick and start them if these two struggle during the season

veldheer?

Kwiatkowski, but if he went elsewhere, Kirksey is a good alternative IMO.

going cheap just means you end up regretting. i mean seriously, even though it only cost us $4 million guaranteed, why sign a contract with the 6th worst offensive tackle in the league? was the worst guy not available?
I’m holding out hope Veldheer is next.

Rick Wagner's two year, $11 million deal with the Packers breaks down like this: 2020: Signing bonus: $3.5 million. Base salary: $2.25M. Weekly roster bonus: Up to $750,000 ($46,875 per game active). Workout bonus: $250,000. Total cash: $6.75M. Salary-cap charge: $4,812,500 2021: Base salary: $2.25M. Roster bonus: $1M due the third day of league year. Weekly roster bonus: Up to $750,000 ($46,875 per game active). Workout bonus: $250,000. Total cash: $4.25M. Salary-cap charge: $6M.

Back