Packers offensive woes

Budman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Legend In His Own Mind
Reaction score
It seems like the DBs know our routes. There needs to be more rythm, 1-2-3-throw. Quit looking for the 20 yard pass and start taking the 5-10. Quick slants, TE stick patterns (cause that's all our TEs are good for) and more swing passes to Eddie and Starks. The Patriots take what you give them over and over and over.
They have no deep threats either and make it work. (yeah, I know..Gronk)

Plus, help your QB out and CATCH THE DAMN BALL! If your QB is struggling you could really help his confidence by catching the ball.

Gashing the Bears on the ground all night, sure, lets stop doing that and throw it a bunch to WRs that can't get open or catch the ball.

I'm ready for them to adjust that offense a bit when they face teams. One of the worst run defenses. Yes the Packers gashed them yet they went away from it. I think the Pack had 177 yards running or something close but it's the way they use the running game. I know it sounds stupid but the mix and when they run seems to be out of sync. This is a pass first team.

The WR situation is a joke. I mean, I can't even think of any excuses to use. Its pitiful. Man coverage is handling them with ease. Routes are not run very well and,the route tree is lacking in ingenuity.

All right. Long post. Skip it if you're still understandably flamed up from last night.

1. What we're seeing with Rodgers is the same thing we saw from Favre around 1999-2001. QB's get older. The hits accumulate and while they're still pro-bowlers, they can't be super-human every single game. I believe A-Rod will need more help around him on the line and from the WR's going forward than what he's gotten in his career prior. And more help on defense. As we've seen the last five years, we can't ask him to put up 35 points every night.

2. I respect the heck out of TT and MM. But there usually comes a time in sports when guys have been together too long. These guys have done a great job. But we've reached an inflection point where you've got to ask if the team hasn't become too familiar with MM and if the roster hasn't gotten too stale with what TT does with personnel.

3. To point #2, John Schneider is rumored to have that out in his contract allowing him to take the GB GM job. Of the three most important guys in the Packers organization (TT, MM and Rodgers) I believe Rodgers has the best chance to rejuvenate his skills back into a SuperBowl in the next three years. With the Starr/Favre thing last night as the backdrop I think it's time to pass the sword to Schneider. Say an FU to Seattle for messing with Holmgren back in 1997-98 and start fresh for Aaron with a new regime.

Moving from Favre to A-Rod was painful for many but needed. And it didn't diminish #4's legacy. Moving from TT/MM to Schneider (and whoever he wants to hire as coach) is the same thing.

All right. Long post. Skip it if you're still understandably flamed up from last night.

1. What we're seeing with Rodgers is the same thing we saw from Favre around 1999-2001. QB's get older. The hits accumulate and while they're still pro-bowlers, they can't be super-human every single game. I believe A-Rod will need more help around him on the line and from the WR's going forward than what he's gotten in his career prior. And more help on defense. As we've seen the last five years, we can't ask him to put up 35 points every night.

2. I respect the heck out of TT and MM. But there usually comes a time in sports when guys have been together too long. These guys have done a great job. But we've reached an inflection point where you've got to ask if the team hasn't become too familiar with MM and if the roster hasn't gotten too stale with what TT does with personnel.

3. To point #2, John Schneider is rumored to have that out in his contract allowing him to take the GB GM job. Of the three most important guys in the Packers organization (TT, MM and Rodgers) I believe Rodgers has the best chance to rejuvenate his skills back into a SuperBowl in the next three years. With the Starr/Favre thing last night as the backdrop I think it's time to pass the sword to Schneider. Say an FU to Seattle for messing with Holmgren back in 1997-98 and start fresh for Aaron with a new regime.

Moving from Favre to A-Rod was painful for many but needed. And it didn't diminish #4's legacy. Moving from TT/MM to Schneider (and whoever he wants to hire as coach) is the same thing.

Well said. I am not exonerating AR at all as he has had some horrible throws and decisions this year. But, if we're being honest, the WR's and O-line are not helping out at all.

Amen, brotha! Amen. gp((

I would support that move with all my heart. Won't happen because the Packers excel at staying static. Schneider even has an out in his contract to be GM of the Packers if the job comes open. What are they waiting for??? Oh yeah, to see if the status quo will get them over the hump next year. sleepy(

Back