Packers Offense since 2010

Crease Creature

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score

I don't remember how to get the spreadsheet into the post, but I put together the way the offense looked every season since 2010.

For hierarchy purposes, I used the player's stats at the end of the season to determine WR1, WR2, etc. It gives you a good idea of just how marginal some guys were, whether talent dropped off, or how the same guy can flow up and down in production. And just how bad 2016 has been so far: AR is team's leading active rusher, I don't think there's a TE with more than 5 catches other than R. Rodgers.

Injuries were and weren't factored in, in a season in which a player missed multiple games, they went down the depth chart. In a season in which they missed most of the games, they weren't included.

I'm putting together one for the defense, but it gets really depressing when looking at how TT and MM tried replacing Charles Woodson, given how the rest of his career went.

From this morning
@GregABedard: "GM Ted Thompson has allowed his depth to be overrun by undrafted free agents and players that don’t belong on the field."

That's one of the bigger issues..mix in a staff who's message is stale and a QB who's head just isn't in it with a pinch of divided locker room and a splash of " I really don't care" attitude and you get the cluster we saw the last 2 weeks.

The very first thing that stands out for me is that our quarterback's targets are an average group.​
Apart from Nelson, names like Cobb, Rodgers, Adams, Montgomery and Janis don't do much for this Packer fan.
Maybe Thompson could set off a bomb under this group.

Shrine to be fair, Monty hadn't got much action until forced into action as a RB. He showed some flashes at W
R last year and then got injured. Adams was bothered by a bad ankle all last season which didn't know until game last night which changes my view of him last season as was pretty harsh on him.

Imo both players are towards the future of the club. That said still don't see them as anything more then number 2/3 type of WRs.

As we talked about in Shout last night this team seriously lacks impact blue chip players on both sides. Those that were are now showing age and are red chip at best: Nelson, Matthews, Sitton- gone, Rodgers unsure but clearly different from his MVP levels though still one of the best in NFL. See below for more blue chips lost.

Our depth which used to have red chip players have white at best and that's being generous. The depth of back ups is at an all time low. Used to be players cut from our teams would make other teams and many times become starters (red chips). Now most of our depth and back ups wouldn't even make rosters of most teams.

Crease nice job. The decline though goes hand in hand with talent fall off and the inability of Thompson to replace talents of Jennings, Finley, Woodson, Collins, TW, Hayward, Corey Williams. Not to mention haven't drafted an impact rusher opposite of Matthews and now he is showing age even though bunch of picks spent there and on D-Line.

Then add in what Mark said above and it's the perfect storm for what we have currently.

Back