Packers legend Bart Starr dies at 85

I will never forget the ICE BOWL.....Starr over Kramer for the winning TD! My prayers and well wishes go out to the Starr family. Bart, if there is a football team in heaven, I am sure you will be starting qb.

Sadly in next few years most if not all the rest of the Lombardi era players will be gone also.

Watching all the people talk about Bart Tons of people even on other teams saying nothing but of how great of a man he was and how friendly he was to them even if they had not known him. Have not seen one person say one bad thing about him. Almost impossible in this day and age to be such a great person that no one can say anything bad about you

Truly a sad day for Packer nation. R. I. P. Bart. Prayers for his family. :(:(

https://sports.yahoo.com/bart-starr-sent-brett-favre-103303307.html

Much has been made about the relationship between current Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and former Packers quarterback Bart Starr. Starr also had a special relationship with former Packers quarterback Brett Favre.

Favre told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Tuesday that, after every game, he’d receive a letter from Starr.

“I think the thing that kind of tells you a lot about what type of guy he is, there wasn’t a game that I didn’t get a letter from him, whether it be complimenting me on how I played or the fact that we won, or ‘keep your chin up, it will get better,'” Favre said. “I mean, you think about the games that I played, that’s a lot of games. To get a personal note from Bart each and every time, I’m not gonna lie, it made me feel pretty special.”

In 2016, Starr’s wife, Cherry, said that the two men had a memorable moment when Favre’s jersey was retired.

“He looked up at Brett, and Brett looked down at him, he looked up and he said, ‘I love you, Brett,'” Cherry Starr said, via the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s website. “And Brett looked down with tears in his eyes and said, ‘I love you too, Bart.’ It was the sweetest moment.”

Read a story how Starr would offer people rides if he saw they walking to somewhere. Would not know person at all but ask if they needed a ride.

Also a story once out of town guess were visiting him in AZ saw litter on side of road called up someone in city asking them to come pick it up as it does not look nice for people visiting to see trash lying around.

I read that the Starr family is considering a public celebration of his life in Green Bay.

Ya think that might shut down the city for a day? Maybe most of the State of WI?

Back