Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
East/West Shrine game players interviewed:

Texas A&M defensive tackle Daylon Mack
Troy cornerback Blace Brown and Louisiana State running back Nick Brossette
Elon guard Olisaemeka Udoh

Blace Brown is a guy I was toying with in some mocks I was working on. Tallish CB with some speed. Should fit in the middle rounds. Guess this means I have to put him in a mock at least once :) .

WR Cody Thompson and S Lukas Denis visited with packer staff at shrine.

Will be very interesting to see who they talk to at the Senior Bowl. Hopefully at least one TE

Will be very interesting to see who they talk to at the Senior Bowl. Hopefully at least one TE
Senior bowl meetings

• Green Bay Packers
  • Nick Brossette, RB, LSU (EW)
  • Blace Brown, CB, Troy (EW)
  • Lukas Denis, S, Boston College (EW)
  • Penny Hart, WR, Georgia State (SR)
  • Daylon Mack, DT/NT, Texas A&M (EW)
  • Cody Thompson, WR, Toledo (EW)
  • Olisaemeka Udoh, G, Elon (EW)

Brown, Denis, Hart, and Mack are likely mid-round picks, the others, including Gilbert are late round to udfa types

Brown, Denis, Hart, and Mack are likely mid-round picks, the others, including Gilbert are late round to udfa types
I would not take Hart before round 5. 5'8 180 he is never going to be a go to WR.

I would not take Hart before round 5. 5'8 180 he is never going to be a go to WR.
If you're looking for any WR you take before Rd 5 to be a go to you will be sorely dissapointed. If he fits your system take him where you want.

When I read some of the things the Packers are doing, in regards to the upcoming draft, it's like they're looking to the middle rounds to add help. I found that curious considering they have two first round picks. They also have a pair in the 4th, and a pair in the 6th. If it means they intend trading up, using both first rounders or trading down, using one, I can't tell, but it's almost as if they we gearing up for something other than what's presently on the board as they stand.

This new hierarchy just might be planning on pulling the trigger on a deal that could make them a big player in the depth market.

Then there's trades. Players they could retain being traded with the other team having a "deal in place" to insure they get them, other than through free agency, which could be costly. Don't count it out. This is going to be an interesting situation.

Back