Packers final cut down

I think you risk it and try to put Callahan on the PS. If he gets signed, he gets signed. I'm interested to see what we do about our 3rd RB, I see that Ronnie Hillman is in danger of being cut over in Denver...

Not really sure they can afford to cut Callahan at this point. It has nothing to do with me being worried about stashing him on the PS or scooping a team scooping him up but rather that if Hundley isn't healed well enough to play at all then they still need a backup QB for the first few weeks capable of stepping in even if it's only for a series or two much less, god forbid, a game or two.

If Hundley is 100% then sure cut Callahan, but if he isn't, then they pretty much need to keep Callahan on the active roster. You still need at least one backup QB and Hundley with his health is a little bit of a mystery

Wasn't Hundley dressed to play the other night but the coaches decided not to risk it so they put Callahan in there instead?

Wasn't Hundley dressed to play the other night but the coaches decided not to risk it so they put Callahan in there instead?

Basically.

But the talking heads said that *if* Hundley would play at all, it would only be handing off to the RB's for a play or two. That doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

I think Callahan played well for the most part and it kept on the 53 man roster. Its a 3rd string QB spot.......and Callahan would be fine there. They kept 3 QBs on the roster the last couple years and I think they do so again. Hundley's ankle just helps support keeping Callahan.

Reposting from shout:

Today at 7:07 AM - Mark87: Packers have cut defensive lineman Brian Price, according to a league source.

41 minutes ago - Mark87: Packers have released tight end Casey Pierce

17 minutes ago - Mark87: Lucas Patrick and Alstevis Squirewell have been released

3 minutes ago - Mark87: Packers released RB Brandon Ross.

I'm alittle surprised at Brice. I thought he did pretty well. It's not like we're brimming with DL.

1 minute ago - Mark87: Packers OL Kyle Steuck suffered a season-ending leg injury against the Chiefs and will be placed on IR, according to a league source.

1 minute ago - Mark87: Receiver Herb Waters was released by the Packers.

Back