Packers come out unscathed from Family Night

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Two years after losing Bryan Bulaga to a torn ACL, the Packers appear healthy coming out of Saturday night's practice.

home

Continue reading...

Didn't see a lot because of all the ads and commercial breaks. Couple things though. The 2nd string OL didn't improve much... they were getting pushed around at the point of attack most of the time.

Davante Adams is going to put some numbers as the #3 WR.... Jeff Janis is still in need of work both catching the ball and running routes. Myles White has a fairly firm grip on the last WR spot.

While our pass defense seems improved you can still run the football on us it seems... I want to see those starters vs NE and Pitt.

All in all I nice sneak peak but sure need to see a lot more.

Didn't see a lot because of all the ads and commercial breaks. Couple things though. The 2nd string OL didn't improve much... they were getting pushed around at the point of attack most of the time.

Davante Adams is going to put some numbers as the #3 WR.... Jeff Janis is still in need of work both catching the ball and running routes. Myles White has a fairly firm grip on the last WR spot.

While our pass defense seems improved you can still run the football on us it seems... I want to see those starters vs NE and Pitt.

All in all I nice sneak peak but sure need to see a lot more.

Even on local TV it was a commercial fest. I watched the DL both 1st and 2nd string and agree we can be run on. Also noticed our push on D is wherever Daniels lines up. The nose wasn't getting much push and the gap between C and RG was being raped. Still letting a blocker get to the 2nd level and taking out the LB.

The WR battle will sort it's self in the preseason games. Janis and White will need to produce vs other teams CB to make the team.

I agree White is locked into last WR spot right now. Have never understood why everyone is so in love with Janis. Guy can't run routes or catch a ball all he can do is run straight down the field fast.

Disagree on white being locked into anything. He has had a decent camp, not great. Sounds similar to his pas couple camps here. Janis has size, speed and has done well at catching. Last TC he caught most of what was thrown his way. He has done decent this camp, so not sure why he would be written off. Sp far, I still take him over white. Havent hear anyone this camp say anything about him not being able to run the correct routes. I look forward to seeing these guys against other teams defensese/DBs to see just what they can do.

.... Guy can't run routes or catch a ball all he can do is run straight down the field fast.
well, that's an odd thing to say. in family night practice, he ran a short crossing route and caught a low-ball missile from rodgers in stride, then juked his way for a few yards in heavy traffic.

I'm not necessarily concerned about the d-line right now. Raji, who by all accounts had a great camp last year, is getting his feet back under him again. IF a young guy steps up they could be a decent unit.

I do think not using a draft pick on OL was a mistake, if you're not pushing to get better(even with the 2nd team) you're in trouble.

Back