Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

Packers express disappointment over stalled talks on Lambeau Field lease​

Guessing both sides are asking and offering a lot less then either side wants. Not like a deal is not going to get worked out.

Greg Joseph spent 2018 with TN going 17 of 20 in FG and 25 of 29 in XP.

In 2019 with 2 games with TB he went 9 for 9 in XP and attempted no FG.

He did not kick in 2020 with any team

In 2021 with MN he went 33 of 38 in FG with 36 of 40 in XP.

In 2022 with MN he went 26 of 33 in FG with 40 of 46 in XP.

Seems that both him Carlson are guys who are not the best kickers and will let the best man win in camp.

9 years left on deal. Not like if deal does not get done by this year GB will leave for a new city.

I’m all for cities getting everything they can from pro sports teams, usually, but not sure what the mayor hopes to gain?
Yeah he just got relected a year ago so not like he has to get money from the team to look good.

The city has a funny relationship with the team. The stadium funding passed by the skin of its teeth, my impression has been that the locals are kinda lukewarm on the team, including this mayor. Won’t happen under Murphy, but who knows maybe the next team Pres takes them up on the offer.

The city has a funny relationship with the team. The stadium funding passed by the skin of its teeth, my impression has been that the locals are kinda lukewarm on the team, including this mayor. Won’t happen under Murphy, but who knows maybe the next team Pres takes them up on the offer.
The city of GB has always been what can the Packers do for us instead of what can we do for this team. Without the Packers GB is nothing but a dying city that has lost most of it's manufacturing jobs. City likes to pretend that the Packers don't pump millions into the economy last year. People who live there and run the city have to learn not to bite the hand that feeds you.

Since I have no idea how much the city is asking, or how much the team is willing to pay, I'm really not going to weigh in on the pros and cons of whether the negotiations should continue or not.

I understand the position of both sides, and I do realize that the entire Packer organization does not have 100% support from the community. That's been evidenced by the fact that voted initiatives have not passed by huge margins. Sometimes it's a balancing act for those in charge politically.

I'm not exactly certain why Murphy would decide to stop the renovations though. It sounds to me like his intent is to use a form of extortion against the negotiators by being able to point out that the city caused them to not move forward. That, to me, isn't the way they should be playing the game. A lot of people, fans and non-fans alike, will see it for what it is, and it doesn't speak well for Murphy's actions.

There are so many years left on the contract that I see no reason for Murphy to have stomped his foot and pouted over him not getting his way.

But, that's just my opinion.

Since I have no idea how much the city is asking, or how much the team is willing to pay, I'm really not going to weigh in on the pros and cons of whether the negotiations should continue or not.

I understand the position of both sides, and I do realize that the entire Packer organization does not have 100% support from the community. That's been evidenced by the fact that voted initiatives have not passed by huge margins. Sometimes it's a balancing act for those in charge politically.

I'm not exactly certain why Murphy would decide to stop the renovations though. It sounds to me like his intent is to use a form of extortion against the negotiators by being able to point out that the city caused them to not move forward. That, to me, isn't the way they should be playing the game. A lot of people, fans and non-fans alike, will see it for what it is, and it doesn't speak well for Murphy's actions.

There are so many years left on the contract that I see no reason for Murphy to have stomped his foot and pouted over him not getting his way.

But, that's just my opinion.
They're hosting the draft in a little over a year, they don't want there to be a story with legs about how the city of GB is playing hardball and the team could (in theory) leave. The story the league sells about the Packers is that the team and city are joined at the hip, small town America, last of its kind yada yada yada. You're going to hear that story on 2025 draft weekend until you puke from sugar overload.

To piggyback on GBP's comment, my experience when visiting is that people around the state may be die hard Packer fans but people who actually live in GB/Ashw. have this attitude that hey, my family was here before the Packers were founded, the team could leave tomorrow and we'll still be here. And on the one hand I love that because it flies in the face of the media narrative. It's also true to an extent, I believe there is a fair amount of manufacturing there in the city, it's on a body of water. It's not JUST the Packers. But the Packers are still a BIG part of the local economy.

Personally I don't know why this mayor would play hardball except to take some sort of "anti-big business" stance on principal. Especially since in this case, the government is a bigger business than the supposed "big business" they're trying to stick it to. They come off like a slimy, greedy landlord. As far as I know the team itself is putting its own money into the stadium and development, outside the stadium funding of 20 years ago they're not soliciting funds from the public for new construction etc.

Also GB comes out puts out this story now it puts the city on defense if people are calling and asking city why they are doing this. Puts pressure on city to say ok this is why we are doing it or forced go back to the team and work on a deal.

Back