Packers 2022 Thread

People saying cut Bak if he's not passing a Dr exam you can't cut him. Right now I don't think that knee passes anything.
He’s not getting cut. Way to much investment now to burn that.

People saying cut Bak if he's not passing a Dr exam you can't cut him. Right now I don't think that knee passes anything.
Makes no sense to cut/trade him now.

Re-examine the knee at OTA’s. Then make a call to keep/trade/cut.

Cutting/trading him now counts negative against the cap. After June 1st it’s a cap savings of $14M

Makes no sense to cut/trade him now.

Re-examine the knee at OTA’s. Then make a call to keep/trade/cut.

Cutting/trading him now counts negative against the cap. After June 1st it’s a cap savings of $14M
I put under 10% he's getting cut. 90%+ he's back in 2022 then if the knee is issue all season long then after 2022 they release him

MilwJS put numbers to possible off-season moves today. Just another source for numbers for off-season discussions. None of this is really news.

- ZSmith - $15mil saved if released, $10mil saved if they convert salary to signing bonus and adding voidable years
- BakhT - $14mil saved if cut/moved after June 1, $7mil saved by converting roster bonus to signing bonus
- PSmith - $12.5mil saved if released, $8mil saved with short extension
- Cobb - $6.7mil saved if released
- Crosby - $2.4mil saved if released
- MLewis- $2.45mil saved if released
- KClark - $10mil saved if salary converted to signing bonus
- Amos - $4mil saved if salary converted to signing bonus (similar with short extension)
- Lowry - $4mil saved if released, $3mil saved by converting salary to signing bonus
- Turner - $3mil saved if salary converted to signing bonus, and similar for an extension

The article didn't discuss cutting Amos or Turner other than saying it wouldn't make sense to cut them. I partly agree with that. You might want to hold onto Turner until you know the BakhT situation and how Jenkins is progressing. Might make sense to find a way to keep him. Amos is solid and still young (28) and would be worth a short extension. Looks like cutting Turner saves about $4.2mil and cutting Amos saves close to $8mil. By the numbers, Amos could be the more likely cut if they really need the extra CAP room.

MilwJS put numbers to possible off-season moves today. Just another source for numbers for off-season discussions. None of this is really news.

- ZSmith - $15mil saved if released, $10mil saved if they convert salary to signing bonus and adding voidable years
- BakhT - $14mil saved if cut/moved after June 1, $7mil saved by converting roster bonus to signing bonus
- PSmith - $12.5mil saved if released, $8mil saved with short extension
- Cobb - $6.7mil saved if released
- Crosby - $2.4mil saved if released
- MLewis- $2.45mil saved if released
- KClark - $10mil saved if salary converted to signing bonus
- Amos - $4mil saved if salary converted to signing bonus (similar with short extension)
- Lowry - $4mil saved if released, $3mil saved by converting salary to signing bonus
- Turner - $3mil saved if salary converted to signing bonus, and similar for an extension

The article didn't discuss cutting Amos or Turner other than saying it wouldn't make sense to cut them. I partly agree with that. You might want to hold onto Turner until you know the BakhT situation and how Jenkins is progressing. Might make sense to find a way to keep him. Amos is solid and still young (28) and would be worth a short extension. Looks like cutting Turner saves about $4.2mil and cutting Amos saves close to $8mil. By the numbers, Amos could be the more likely cut if they really need the extra CAP room.
Bak I doubt is cut. He is hurt and could say he's not ready to play thus you would need to give him injury settlement. Bak is going to be on roster for 2022.

Bak I doubt is cut. He is hurt and could say he's not ready to play thus you would need to give him injury settlement. Bak is going to be on roster for 2022.
Could possibly trade him.

Back