Packers 2022 Thread

Alexander will be high priced talent if you extend him and in 2023 Jones is going to cost you $19m in cap space also. And if your going to deal 33 for picks it’s now when he has some financial flexibility. Hell Campbell might be now high priced talent
Alexander you have to keep you can't let a top tier corner walk. Jones is gone after 2022 his deal was really a 2 year contract how it was set up

Alexander you have to keep you can't let a top tier corner walk. Jones is gone after 2022 his deal was really a 2 year contract how it was set up
Well that’s my point to a great extent. You cant have a full rebuild (3-5 years) if your keeping 23 and 33, have Clark and Gary and a competent OL in place.

Last edited:
I agree with your point but as you like to say follow the math. By keeping some of those you screw yourself 4 yrs down the road...yes keep one of the 1,000-yard rushers, trade the other and replace with a complementary rookie on a rookie salary, etc. Do you keep Bahk and that huge $$ or roll with the guy that won something like 8 straight this yr when everyone went down at 1/4 of the price?

You're correct in that it's not bare-boned but at least next season your depth is paper-thin if you don't do some serious cutting of high-priced vets. The point is it's not a simple formula.... a couple of wrong moves could push this team one way or another.
As to Bak, if you think the replacement was not a one hit wonder yeah make the move. It’s a balancing act in many ways and could not agree more 1-2 wrong moves can blow this thing up.

Well then shed Jones and Alexander also. My point is it’s next to impossible to evaluate Love unless he’s got some supporting cast.

Thing is even if you don’t extend 17, 12 leaves and the Smiths depart it not a bare roster that needs a full rebuild. Sure some won’t accept a 9 or 10 win season but more won’t accept 3-5 years of Jets type football either.

Bad organizations rebuild, good organizations retool.
Extending 23 lowers his 22’ cap cost dramatically, and can still make 23’ a reasonable cap number.
Moving on from 33 now means a negative cap savings for 22’. But in 23’ they can trade him and save $12.5M.

As to Bak, if you think the replacement was not a one hit wonder yeah make the move. It’s a balancing act in many ways and could not agree more 1-2 wrong moves can blow this thing up.
I think Nijman is ascending. But I also think you hedge your bets with a draft pick at OT.
Still Van Lanen on the roster, and could keep Braden/Kelly if their price is right.

Yep
Extending 23 lowers his 22’ cap cost dramatically, and can still make 23’ a reasonable cap number.
Moving on from 33 now means a negative cap savings for 22’. But in 23’ they can trade him and save $12.5M.
I think Jones has diminished trade value in 2023. More wear and tear and a cap number to deal with. Agree on Alexander

Jones will be cut after 2022 season no one is trading for a RB with 6 years on him and high cap number. Packers in 2023 ride with Dillon and another draft pick.

Jones will be cut after 2022 season no one is trading for a RB with 6 years on him and high cap number. Packers in 2023 ride with Dillon and another draft pick.
Patrick Taylor may be in the mix as well.
Too soon to predict how Hill comes back from his surgery.
Drafting another RB on Day 3 may be a prudent idea.

Back