Packers 2022 Thread

I think Crosby if cut retires after the season but if team wants him back he comes back for 2022 and after he fills out final year of contract he retires.

I think Crosby if cut retires after the season but if team wants him back he comes back for 2022 and after he fills out final year of contract he retires.
He may end up coaching in the Austin, TX area.

I don't have particulars in mind. Just that the roster for next year will look very different with Love at QB than it does this year. Probably some surprise cuts to boot....

Hopefully they start thier search for a new DC early instead of waiting for sloppy seconds.

I don't have particulars in mind. Just that the roster for next year will look very different with Love at QB than it does this year. Probably some surprise cuts to boot....

Hopefully they start thier search for a new DC early instead of waiting for sloppy seconds.
Packers decide to keep Rodgers Love traded for a 4th round pick LOL

I don't have any real specifics to add. Danno covered the CAP situation pretty well. I can't speak to the numbers specifically, but they look about right. The likely to be gone/traded guys seem about right. It's certainly looking like a fairly major "reset" is coming.

Of the players they're thinking of moving, I'd like to see them keep Amos for stability on defense, and Turner so that OT isn't an early round "must-have". But the numbers may not allow it. They have to find a way to re-sign Alexander both to lock him in and bring down his CAP number.

I'd pass on re-upping Adams. Get the most value you can from a trade, or at worst you'll get a 3rd round comp pick. I think Love would appreciate having a guy like Adams, but might be better served by a couple of better players on defense for that money to keep scores down and take some pressure off the offense.

As of right now, the draft and free agency sure look like they need to bring in new players at Edge, DL, WR and OT . . . probably in that order in terms of need.

I don't have any real specifics to add. Danno covered the CAP situation pretty well. I can't speak to the numbers specifically, but they look about right. The likely to be gone/traded guys seem about right. It's certainly looking like a fairly major "reset" is coming.

Of the players they're thinking of moving, I'd like to see them keep Amos for stability on defense, and Turner so that OT isn't an early round "must-have". But the numbers may not allow it. They have to find a way to re-sign Alexander both to lock him in and bring down his CAP number.

I'd pass on re-upping Adams. Get the most value you can from a trade, or at worst you'll get a 3rd round comp pick. I think Love would appreciate having a guy like Adams, but might be better served by a couple of better players on defense for that money to keep scores down and take some pressure off the offense.

As of right now, the draft and free agency sure look like they need to bring in new players at Edge, DL, WR and OT . . . probably in that order in terms of need.
Excellent write up @57packer ! You had me at @dannobanano covered the CAP situation pretty well. You guys are awesome at breaking this stuff down and I certainly appreciate it as I am an imbecile in regards to the salary cap. Well, other things too but mainly the salary cap so don't say a word @Packinatl .

Again, great work fellas!

I think we are seeing almost everything through the same lense.
Turner seems to be our only one where we diverge. If they can work out an extension that lowers his 2022 cap number by $3M, then I’m on board.
I just think with Nijman, Van Lanen, and a 3rd/4th rnd draft pick they can replace him.
But like I said, I think we are pretty much in sync

I think we are seeing almost everything through the same lense.
Turner seems to be our only one where we diverge. If they can work out an extension that lowers his 2022 cap number by $3M, then I’m on board.
I just think with Nijman, Van Lanen, and a 3rd/4th rnd draft pick they can replace him.
But like I said, I think we are pretty much in sync
Not even sure we diverge on Turner. Only way I keep Turner is if the deal is short and makes sense from a money perspective. It may turn out that the money and years don't work out and we live with Nijman and/or a draft pick to man the RT/backup spots. Don't know about Van Lanen at OT. He didn't look the part in preseason but maybe in time he can produce there.

Back