Packers 2021 Free agents

Wow amazes me how some think we can just let Baby go. Guy is a PBer and one of top 5 LT. They don't grow on trees. U have an older AR and a rookie future 1st Rd QB. Both Wolf and Thompson knew job #1 is to protect QB. So imo he stays and gets paid.

Gary has showed me nothing at this point so to think he can replace one of the Smith's is wishful thinking at this point plus u need more then two rushers, especially with a thin DL.

Hard to say where cap will be and numbers after this season,if we even have a season or full season. Might just be lower money for all free agents with all teams.

Might just see different kind of contracts from the norm. Where maybe signed at one price with escalated clauses when things or if things go back to the norm

You can always find ways to sign your good players. If you have to you give roster bonuses or guaranteed salary in years 3+ as you get rid of Rodgers salary and as cap goes up you have more room

For players, the #1 concern is always guaranteed money in a new contract.
So if you can find a way to make that work, and especially with a murky crystal ball looking into the Covid future, then ......... Good on ya mate!

Bakhtiari's next contract will be the top offensive lineman money in the league, assuming he stays healthy. The Packers go through this like every other team, and they always have a guy in the wings who may struggle for a year, but does fine after that. As much as I like his play, and want him there, money will become the issue, and someone else is going to give him millions per year over what he's going to be able to get in GB.

It's money. Not the amount, but how much you can afford to pay from your cap. You need to field a whole team.

Bakhtiari's next contract will be the top offensive lineman money in the league, assuming he stays healthy. The Packers go through this like every other team, and they always have a guy in the wings who may struggle for a year, but does fine after that. As much as I like his play, and want him there, money will become the issue, and someone else is going to give him millions per year over what he's going to be able to get in GB.

It's money. Not the amount, but how much you can afford to pay from your cap. You need to field a whole team.
Only so much $$ to go around, and #12 is raking in the lions share of GBP’s cap.
Spit balling here, but they maybe could keep Bak, Clark, and Jones by releasing #12 and a couple other midling contracts after the 2020 season.
Just a random thought

Only so much $$ to go around, and #12 is raking in the lions share of GBP’s cap.
Spit balling here, but they maybe could keep Bak, Clark, and Jones by releasing #12 and a couple other midling contracts after the 2020 season.
Just a random thought
Jones I let walk eaiser to find RB they other spots. I sign King before Jones. ML wants to run a 49ers style offense so having more then one RB will be key so you don't need to overpay for 1

Just a random thought
I think 12’s future will be decided after 2021. Dead cap $ will be an issue.

I think 12’s future will be decided after 2021. Dead cap $ will be an issue.
Depends how bad the relationship is after this year they might just say screw it and move on and take the 3 million cap savings

Depends how bad the relationship is after this year they might just say screw it and move on and take the 3 million cap savings
As conservative as this organization is very doubtful. And with no camp / preseason you have no idea with you have with Love. It would actually be organizational malpractice if that happened

Back