Packers 2015 season PFF analysis - DL and LBs

Like others ILB is a HUGE need. I am not sold on our DL and have not been the last 3 years, outside of Daniels really inconsistent. Great write up ! Thanks for the hard work ! br)

I think Perry made more splash plays, but Neal consistently got pressure and played overall, I thought, better.

One thing I'm curious about: Are the Packers going to make Datone Jones into a Mike Neal-type? That is, play OLB for two downs and then put him inside on passing downs? And if so, is he quick enough to chase down running backs?

IF he has the potential to be a full-time OLB/inside pass rush guy, then that relieves the need for taking an OLB higher in the draft, especially if you re-sign Neal or Perry.

Wonder what the plans for Datone are...

One thing I'm curious about: Are the Packers going to make Datone Jones into a Mike Neal-type? That is, play OLB for two downs and then put him inside on passing downs? And if so, is he quick enough to chase down running backs?

IF he has the potential to be a full-time OLB/inside pass rush guy, then that relieves the need for taking an OLB higher in the draft, especially if you re-sign Neal or Perry.

Wonder what the plans for Datone are...
It was a very innovative move by Capers. A way to get more snaps for Datone and add even more versatility to our pressure packages.

I doubt he can be an every down OLB, dropping in coverage or chasing sideline to sideline. But Perry didn't to that much (just 13 coverage snaps), either, so I guess something resembling Perry's role there is not out of the question.

I think we should draft a OLB anyways, but I'm sure gonna be following Datone closely in camp.

Back