Oren Burks done for year

Death taxes and the packers losing a LB in the preseason. Sure things in life.

They really haven't addressed the position early the last couple of drafts even though it was a position of need - though Burks was a reasonably high pick. Looks like he might have been a miss by Gute. It'll be a need again, but I wonder if they address it high. Might just be a position they don't place a ton of value on.

There will be some ILBs available after cut-downs but with the late cut-down date anyone they get likely won't be of much use other than maybe on special teams for the first week or two. Summers, Crawford, and Bolton?(undersized?) will need to be ready for the Bears and likely the Vikings. Hell, depending on who's available they might need to be the guys we run with for the entire season.

ILB has been on their radar for years IMO. Their draft position has put them just out of reach of Shazier, Mosley, Ro Smith and now Devin Bush. I agree 1000% with everyone saying it’s a hole on the roster but how high do you want to trade up for an impact player, or how much do you want to reach for the position high in the draft?

i would say that third round is more than just "reasonably high". it just wasn't a very good pick. but i'm not sure there was anyone better available at that point. i guess kenny young out of ucla would have been a better pick. played in 15 games for the ravens, had 51 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1 pd and 1 ff in his rookie year.

Well this may force the Packers hand in resigning Blake Martinez. We have no one besides him at ILB right now. Could Summers or Bolton turn into something? Maybe but I think we do need to spend a high draft pick on an ILB, WR, and OL next draft, if possible.

ILB has been on their radar for years IMO. Their draft position has put them just out of reach of Shazier, Mosley, Ro Smith and now Devin Bush. I agree 1000% with everyone saying it’s a hole on the roster but how high do you want to trade up for an impact player, or how much do you want to reach for the position high in the draft?

If you weren't drafting DB high every single stinking year then it's not a problem. Going back to Tbuck we have clusterbucked drafting CB for a long long time. Our safeties also hit or miss. You have to draft a talented..inside backer and get it done already.

I am still not a fan of this scheme or Capers scheme at all.

Last edited:
Back