One Month Until Packers Training Camp: 13 Potential Cost-Saving Cuts

i think you do need 4. it's a position that seems to attract more than its fair share of injuries. between summers and burks, i'm not sure which one we'll keep. both have been disappointing.
I think worse comes to worse you could also play Gary inside which might not be a bad idea to move him around to create mismatches. To me Burks nor Summers are worthy of a roster spot.

speaking of veteran inside linebackers,

NFC WEST​

i

Arizona Cardinals

Veteran in danger: Jordan Hicks, LB

Why he could get cut: Hicks, 29, has been one of the most durable and productive players in the NFL during his two seasons with the Cardinals, playing the sixth-most snaps and having the sixth-most tackles since 2019. But with Arizona's decision to announce rookie Zaven Collins and second-year linebacker Isaiah Simmons as their starting inside linebackers before summer camp was over, there's a good chance that Hicks, who started all 32 games the past two seasons, is not in the team's plans going forward. He could either be moved through a trade or be released at the end of camp despite his veteran leadership. -- Josh Weinfuss

speaking of veteran inside linebackers,

NFC WEST​

i

Arizona Cardinals

Veteran in danger: Jordan Hicks, LB

Why he could get cut: Hicks, 29, has been one of the most durable and productive players in the NFL during his two seasons with the Cardinals, playing the sixth-most snaps and having the sixth-most tackles since 2019. But with Arizona's decision to announce rookie Zaven Collins and second-year linebacker Isaiah Simmons as their starting inside linebackers before summer camp was over, there's a good chance that Hicks, who started all 32 games the past two seasons, is not in the team's plans going forward. He could either be moved through a trade or be released at the end of camp despite his veteran leadership. -- Josh Weinfuss
GB is only $5.7 million under the cap based on the top 51 right now. So with the need to keep some cash open for guys who get hurt and need to be replaced during the season I can't see GB picking anyone else up right now.

GB is only $5.7 million under the cap based on the top 51 right now. So with the need to keep some cash open for guys who get hurt and need to be replaced during the season I can't see GB picking anyone else up right now.
i'm pretty sure you were thinking that before we signed campbell too. interesting that both hicks and campbell were the starting inside linebackers for the cardinals last season. could they be reunited? we'll see.

i'm pretty sure you were thinking that before we signed campbell too. interesting that both hicks and campbell were the starting inside linebackers for the cardinals last season. could they be reunited? we'll see.
Thing is do we need anymore LB's? I like Martin and Barnes I think both if healthy could be decent starting LB's. If we need anything we need better players on the DE and CB that's were some of our starters and pretty much all the depth is crap.

Thing is do we need anymore LB's? I like Martin and Barnes I think both if healthy could be decent starting LB's. If we need anything we need better players on the DE and CB that's were some of our starters and pretty much all the depth is crap.
think of the potentially huge upgrade at ilb if you have two veteran starters that played 16 games together last year. add that to our stable of outside linebackers, and potentially you have one of the top linebacker groups in the league, along with one of the top secondaries in the nfl. sounds pretty good to me. hgh)

Back