Official Week 4 Green Bay vs Chicago Thread

Can't add much. As others have said, with a banged up OL, we give the Bears hope. Pass rush changes games. Strip sacks and picks go with pressure and I think the Bears can bring some pressure.

I'm thinking 23-16 Packers.

Reactions: ski
Things to do to beat the Bears:

Offense:
Protect AR and we will score enough points
No TO's

Defense:
Stop their running game

That's it. Pretty simple. Get it done Packers.

This is going to be a gut-check game. The Packers are all over the board, offensively and defensively. They still haven't identified themselves as a team. As far as the Bears, they have nothing to lose this year. Everyone knows they weren't supposed to be very good, so anything the do that's positive will come as great to their fans. When they have seasons like this, the Bears as a team pushes hard for these games because they're almost like a Super Bowl game to them. Especially when we go to Chicago.

The wounded Packers will win this one. But the score won't be quite as spread as the +7 they're giving the Bears in the spread.

I see the Packers winning this one 30-27. The Bears last TD will come near the end, to make it close.

This week is where McCarthy needs to earn his paycheck. With whats going on with the line he needs to figure out a gameplan to simply get by.

Packers 20-17 on A late FG.

Bears, I have no idea what to think.
If the Bears didn't drop 4 passes on the final drive, they beat Atlanta. They go on and beat the Steelers.
They have a good run game and a good defense.

That and going into week 4 the Packers are already a MASH unit. Impactful players going down day after day.
With that said, I think the Packers just barely hang on and keep treading water until they get healthy. If they get healthy.

Packers 27
Bears 23

Reactions: ski
I hate Thursday Night Pro Football.
Can we even field a team.

I think losing our damn long snapper bothers me more than the others.

Can Capers make me eat my words?
I think we squeak it out. I'm praying we squeak it out.FCC(gopackgo

This week is where McCarthy needs to earn his paycheck. With whats going on with the line he needs to figure out a gameplan to simply get by.

Packers 20-17 on A late FG.

Good point. As many have said, this team really doesn't have an identity yet but with all the injuries, it's hard to have one. It's also early in the season so many teams are still trying to figure that out too. This is one of those games of just get it done. Some way, some how. To be able to win through these injuries, hopefully, means that the team can get somewhat healthy and make a run to the SB.

Prescription: Two inexperienced OTs vs a decent front seven for Chicago so....
Keep ARod alive. Keep your Tackles confident by playing to their strengths.
Short rhythmic passing game to start. You should be able to play pitch and catch with Adams. Mix in Marty Bennett (revenge game for him?) Roll the pocket when you want to take your shot downfield, but that shouldn't happen in the first quarter. Dominate Time of Possession by just checking down and moving the chains. IF this happens (big IF) I think we win easily. RB Cohen scares me for the Bears. Is this where Jones steps up? Hope so, that kid is a match up nightmare for us.
Sticking with 27-16.

I really think defensively, the Packers need to stuff the box and leave the DBs out there in one on one situations. Stop the run and make Glennon beat you. He doesn't have any great targets and the Bears best receivers probably wouldn't even make the Packers roster. Losing their top 2 WRs early hurts them as much as losing our tackles hurts us.

Back