Official Week 2 Green Bay vs Minnesota Thread

Kizer is not ready to play he needed this entire season to sit and learn behind Rodgers Playing him just messes him up more because more pressure on a QB that is not ready to play.

I still like Green bay at home, can't see a motived Rodgers not play. Green Bay 31 Vikings 20

Vikings 20 Packers 17 For some reason this feels like a week where GB comes out flat. Hope I am wrong.

I just don't see the Packers beating the Vikings regardless if we have Rodgers.
The Vikings have a top 5 D if not the best D in the NFL. We don't. They now have Cousins who is better than Keenum and they have Dalvin Cook back for a running game. Their D will be the difference in the ball game.

If AR plays, we lose 24-17
If Kizer plays, we lose 31-6

Just one question. Last year the Vikings had a great defense and the Eagles knocked them into next week. Is there something that they did that we could emulate?

Just one question. Last year the Vikings had a great defense and the Eagles knocked them into next week. Is there something that they did that we could emulate?
Eagles had much better D and IMO better offense.

Play that game in a dome I think it’s a different story. Still may lose but much closer

Good pointing this out. The Vikings played drastically differently on grass last year compared to artificial turf at home.

They played 6 road games on grass last year and gave up an average of 20 pts per game. However, 2 of those games they faced Brett Hundley and Deshone Kizer. In the 4 games when they didn't face the worst QBs in the league, they gave up 26pts on average. Even against GB in GB with Hundley leading a shut out offense, there is plenty of film out there showing Adams and Nelson getting very open against their DBs. Hundley just couldn't see them. I guarantee you Doug Peterson saw that and was licking his chops - he knew they could be had if his OL gave Foles time.

For comparison's sake, on artificial surfaces last year, their D gave up an average of 13pts per game.

So I think the answer is, their D benefits from playing on a fast track, and grass is an equalizer against them. They are an excellent defense, very hard to play against, but they can be scored on. It will be really interesting to see what GB's offense can do against them at Lambeau.

Back