Official Week 12 Green Bay vs Chicago Thread

sssssss
100% chance of snow at game time, Brett Favre, Bart Starr, da Bears, Lambeau Field on Thanksgiving - all the makings of a classic.

Sorry, but this game is the lock of the year. And if they somehow lose I'm going to hold it against McCarthy forever. The D and Eddie Lacy came out jacked up for the Vikings game, they should be twice as amped for this one.

This game is far from being a lock. This team has a long way to go before the word lock should be used. This wont be a easy game at all. The Bears are playing well and always play a little harder when they play us. Cutler is playing good, and their defense is alot better. I say this is 50/50 we win at best. They are a team only a few players from being a very good team and contender. They have a top notch head coach and coaching staff that has made a huge difference.

Rain & snow should make this interesting.

usa-today-8808378.0.jpg

Corey Linsley headlines group of non-participants for Tuesday's practice.

Though the Green Bay Packers didn't practice on Monday, they were required to submit an injury report due to the fact they play this upcoming Thursday. Of the 15 names listed on that report, only three did not participate in the team's first practice of the week on Tuesday.

The biggest name among the inactives was starting center Corey Linsley, who injured his ankle during Sunday's game against the Minnesota Vikings. The Packers also listed Linsley as a "did not participate" for Monday, which taken together suggests that reserve lineman JC Tretter could receive his first start of the season on Thanksgiving.

After nearly returning from his own ankle injury last week, it appears rookie wide receiver Ty Montgomery could miss his fifth consecutive game. Montgomery practiced in full at times last week, but suffered a setback and has not returned to the field since. Wideout Jared Abbrederis also missed practice with injured ribs.

[BCOLOR=#FFB612]Jason B. Hirschhorn covers the Green Bay Packers for Acme Packing Company. He also serves as an NFL writer for SB Nation and Sports on Earth and is a member of the Pro Football Writers of America.
Follow @by_JBH[/BCOLOR]​

Continue reading @http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/ ...

Gonna rain all day, and at start of game will still be raining, possibly turning to sleet around halftime, then snow later that night. Yuck.. Not a night I want to be outside... And gonna make conditions interesting for sure.

If GB takes care of the little things CHI really shouldn't have a shot.. But they play like they did against DET and CHI wins.

I have a lot of respect for John Fox. He will have them as prepared as he can with that roster. This is no gimme. Hopefully it's a Tday blowout. It should be.

Wow....Montgomery snake bitten his year. I think Scoremore12 makes a good point about this being a lock. The Bears would like nothing more than to spoil the night and sneak out with a division win. I have a good feeling about this game but it still makes me nervous.

Wow....Montgomery snake bitten his year. I think Scoremore12 makes a good point about this being a lock. The Bears would like nothing more than to spoil the night and sneak out with a division win. I have a good feeling about this game but it still makes me nervous.

I hear ya... But I don't think there is any way Arod lets this game be anything other than a win. Especially with both Favre and Starr there, a little extra incentive cause there will still be people comparing them...

Even if Arod has to score all the TD's and throw to himself.

I hear ya... But I don't think there is any way Arod lets this game be anything other than a win. Especially with both Favre and Starr there, a little extra incentive cause there will still be people comparing them...

Even if Arod has to score all the TD's and throw to himself.

Like Favre's first pass? :)

GettyImages-488192686.0.jpg

Green Bay will be without its rookie receiver once again, but several key players on both sides will be game-time decisions on Thursday night.

The Green Bay Packers have another lengthy injury report this week as they prepare to play the Chicago Bears on a short week. The team practiced only on Tuesday and Wednesday, releasing their players' injury statuses following Wednesday's session.

Of the sixteen players listed, two are out for Thursday night's game, four are questionable, and ten are listed as probable. Although all five members of the starting offensive line are listed, all but center Corey Linsley are probable and therefore are expected to play. Linsley did not practice at all this week, but is questionable for the game. If he cannot play, JC Tretter would take his place in the starting lineup.

Here's the Packers' full list:

Packers Injury Report

Out

WR Jared Abbrederis (rib, did not participate)
WR Ty Montgomery (ankle, did not participate)

Questionable

DB Micah Hyde (hip, limited)
C Corey Linsley (ankle, did not participate)
DT Mike Pennel (quad, limited)
CB Damarious Randall (hamstring, limited)

Probable

WR Davante Adams (ankle, full participation)
OT David Bakhtiari (knee, limited)
OT Bryan Bulaga (knee, limited)
S Morgan Burnett (ankle, full participation)
OLB Jayrone Elliott (ankle, full participation)
RB Eddie Lacy (ankle, full participation)
G T.J. Lang (shoulder, limited)
LB Clay Matthews (ankle/knee, limited)
FB Aaron Ripkowski (ankle, full participation)
G Josh Sitton (ankle, full participation)

The Chicago Bears will be missing a few key players on offense this week, but might get a couple of starters back this week. Tight end Martellus Bennett, who has historically given the Packers' offense trouble, has been ruled out with a rib injury, as has slot receiver Eddie Royal. Meanwhile, Matt Forte and Alshon Jeffery will have a chance to play tomorrow evening after missing last week's game (or in Forte's case, the last few games).

Bears Injury Report

Out

TE Martellus Bennett (ribs, did not participate)
RB Ka'Deem Carey (head, did not participate)
WR Eddie Royal (knee, did not participate)

Questionable

RB Matt Forte (knee, limited)
WR Alshon Jeffery (groin, limited)
S Sherrod Martin (neck, limited)
OLB Pernell McPhee (knee, limited)
LB LaRoy Reynolds (knee, limited)

Continue reading @http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/ ...

http://chicago.suntimes.com/bears-f...orte-wr-alshon-jeffery-expected-play-thursday

The Bears’ offense should have more firepower Thursday night against the Packers than it did Sunday in Broncos’ 17-15 win at Soldier Field. Receiver Alshon Jeffery and running back Matt Forte should be back in the lineup.

“I’m good enough to go,” Forte said.

“Everything is good now,” Jeffery said. “We’ll be all right.”

“I probably could have played last Sunday, but I might not have been able to play coming up this week if something would have happened,” said Forte, who had totaled 767 yards in seven games played this season. “Time heals and stuff. Just a couple of extra days will help.”

Jeffery has dealt with various injuries since training camp. He missed his fifth this season last week with groin and shoulder issues.

“Last game was last game, I wasn’t feeling pretty well,” said Jeffery, who has 36 catches for 515 yards and two touchdowns in five games played this season. “I feel a lot better than I felt last week.”

Jeffrey and Forte in the lineup will make things interesting. Forte gashed us in Week 1 but our run defense is fresh off an outing where we shut down AP. This needs to be the game where Rodgers and the receivers get it going. Unlike the Vikings, the Bears can actually air it out.

That being said......it's Jay.

Read that Jeffery is a game time decision and coaches will make the call not him since player will always want to play

Back