Official Week 10 Green Bay vs Indy Thread

hopefully you will not take this as a "smartass response". but what if both options look bad? i could see that happening a couple times a game.
That is not and actually a very good question.... then the QB has a preset Run or pass option but that should be very simple RB... if he sees above that a run 100% is not going work it would be simple for example "Omaha Omaha" to his team for a preset pass and then the Center makes the line check into max protect. It's not a 15-18 second deal...well let me rephrase that it "shouldn't be"

Just a bit of perspective and we have been through this a billion times.... the audible is built into this offense. Meaning if you line up trips right x flash 22 Lobo.... and the defense lines up strong right then the play automatically audibles left.

So no I am very sorry he doesn't need to spend 18 seconds with his BS voice trying to pull the defense offsides EVERY play... and before I get a smartass response when I vetted ML as a coach that was one of the intriguing things with his system in that you don't need to do a bunch of at the line check downs. Run the $#^%&( play

Although, there has also been times where they are still in the huddle with 15 seconds left. It is also on ML at times not getting the play in quick enough.

I think we're seeing 4 levels on a lot of our offensive calls. First, the coach to the field, and the package of players sent in. At that point, the selection of the play is one of maybe 3 options. Each needs to be called in sequence, then they go to the line. At the line, the QB moves his pieces on the field to gauge reaction from the defense, and their locations at that point. Then he may check into the second or third option. When he does, the center calls out the signals for the blocking assignments based on what he sees across from him. At that time, the QB starts the sequence of the play in motion.

In some cases, because of the personnel on the field, the QB needs to take the lead in the huddle to call out some personal assignments on plays, if the player package isn't the group that normally practiced this play together. This usually happens with a receiver, TE, or RB.

It's not nearly as complicated as it sounds, but it takes time to disseminate the information, and if the coach calling the signals believes his QB should have more options, there may even be some verbal statements of how the play should be modified as to how it's been practiced. I used to do that all the time, using rotational players into the game as couriers, to give those directions to my QBs and even some other players as well. A quick way of addressing an issue you see without calling time out, or having to suffer through until your offense is on the sideline.

Not saying it's the only reason, but I heard somewhere, that one reason for running it down it to see if the defense has disguised their coverage, and by waiting until the last second they may reveal what they are doing and it gives AR a split second to determine where he wants to go with the ball.

Not saying it's the only reason, but I heard somewhere, that one reason for running it down it to see if the defense has disguised their coverage, and by waiting until the last second they may reveal what they are doing and it gives AR a split second to determine where he wants to go with the ball.

Sounds about right

Adams, he's going to Adams.... he doesn't need to run the clock down to determine that ;)

No...NO and NO..... that's not how this system works at all. FP(

No...NO and NO..... that's not how this system works at all. FP(
Yep no defense is going to change it's look in the last 5 seconds. May the pull back on a blitz look at the snap sure but 5 seconds left that defense is set for the play.

If the Packers can get past Indy with a win the Packers will be sitting at 8-2 with Chicago at 5-5 which means if the Packers can go 3-3 the rest of the way out with one of those wins comign against Chicago the Packers will finish at 11-5 and win the NFC North.

Back