Official Week 10 Green Bay vs Indy Thread

And Aaron needs to get the ball out quickly. None of this waiting until there is a 1/2 second left on the clock.thumbsdown))

Agreed; however, WRs need to be open and running quick routes. It also depends on how the Colts D plays us. Are they playing two deep safeties or zone or are they playing man to man with one deep safety. We need to be able to be balanced and run the ball effectively so we can do play action.

Colts play a lot of Cover-2 which limits the boundary WR’s.
They have fast LB’s too, but in this scheme your best chances at passing success is over the middle (typically). Intermediate and deeper seam routes, crossing routes, the like.
If Lazard can go, him and Tonyan could have some success here.

And Aaron needs to get the ball out quickly. None of this waiting until there is a 1/2 second left on the clock.thumbsdown))
I know last year the were using excuse that ML's plays are long and that they take a long time to read to AR who has to read them to huddle. This is BS Rodgers will sit at the line 10-15 seconds trying to read the defense letting the clock run to 1 to snap. To me this allows the defense to time their snap also knowing Rodgers is going to wait 1 second nearly all the time so you can time your blitz with that.

I know last year the were using excuse that ML's plays are long and that they take a long time to read to AR who has to read them to huddle. This is BS Rodgers will sit at the line 10-15 seconds trying to read the defense letting the clock run to 1 to snap. To me this allows the defense to time their snap also knowing Rodgers is going to wait 1 second nearly all the time so you can time your blitz with that.
The clock goes to 1/2 seconds on 95% of the snaps across the league. It’s about calling audibles, and line making adjustments at the line. It’s far from issues 1-10. If I have an issue it’s trying to get the D to jump offsides and get a free play or too but that’s splitting hairs

The clock goes to 1/2 seconds on 95% of the snaps across the league.

i don't know about 95%, but i agree that rodgers is far from the only qb that waits until the last two seconds to call for the snap.

i don't know about 95%, but i agree that rodgers is far from the only qb that waits until the last two seconds to call for the snap.
Thing is Rodgers seems to burn 1-2 TOs a game buy losing track of the clock is what I hate about him doing it.

Thing is Rodgers seems to burn 1-2 TOs a game buy losing track of the clock is what I hate about him doing it.
i doubt very seriously that he is "losing track". more likely the play that was called was very likely to fail with what he saw on the defense. there are any number of reasons why he might call a time out rather than risk a turnover or even just let the clock expire. rodgers is one of the most aware players in the game.

Just a bit of perspective and we have been through this a billion times.... the audible is built into this offense. Meaning if you line up trips right x flash 22 Lobo.... and the defense lines up strong right then the play automatically audibles left.

So no I am very sorry he doesn't need to spend 18 seconds with his BS voice trying to pull the defense offsides EVERY play... and before I get a smartass response when I vetted ML as a coach that was one of the intriguing things with his system in that you don't need to do a bunch of at the line check downs. Run the $#^%&( play

Just a bit of perspective and we have been through this a billion times.... the audible is built into this offense. Meaning if you line up trips right x flash 22 Lobo.... and the defense lines up strong right then the play automatically audibles left.

So no I am very sorry he doesn't need to spend 18 seconds with his BS voice trying to pull the defense offsides EVERY play... and before I get a smartass response when I vetted ML as a coach that was one of the intriguing things with his system in that you don't need to do a bunch of at the line check downs. Run the $#^%&( play

hopefully you will not take this as a "smartass response". but what if both options look bad? i could see that happening a couple times a game.

Back