Official Packers Off Season Thread

Packers have signed FA defensive end Ray Drew, who spent time with#Dolphins last off season and on Browns practice squad last yr.

You mean this guy? http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ray-drew?id=2553263

SOURCES TELL US "He came into that program with so much hype and never came close to living up to it. I'm not sure he has that overwhelming desire to be great. He might be too content." -- Regional scout assigned to SEC

I sure hope that's just the camp body it sounds like....

Packers have signed FA defensive end Ray Drew, who spent time with#Dolphins last off season and on Browns practice squad last yr.
former 5-star high-school recruit. started for the georgia bulldogs, but never lived up to the hype. looked better in 3-4 alignment than in 4-3. too-high pad level is his main issue (mccarthy will work on that).

That's a big hit to our secondary depth....

Raji retires too.. All of a sudden depth is even more of an issue for defense...

I don't think anyone seriously thought Hayward would be back. The Pack only wanted as a slot corner. Raji retiring is probably a surprise to nearly everyone, but him being gone also shouldn't be a major surprise, free agency being what it is. I'd certainly hope TT had both these departures under serious consideration well before now.

I don't think anyone seriously thought Hayward would be back. The Pack only wanted as a slot corner. Raji retiring is probably a surprise to nearly everyone, but him being gone also shouldn't be a major surprise, free agency being what it is. I'd certainly hope TT had both these departures under serious consideration well before now.

Probably did and that's to draft or sign a UDFA as a replacement.

By now in FA all you have left are starters who are up in age and have little if anything left, starters who had a bad year or two and thus are getting little interest, and career backups. None of those really help the Packers and besides maybe signing one or two of them after the draft as a low risk gamble that if they make the team that's fine otherwise they re a TC cut and nothing lost.

Packers sign DE Ray Drew

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...Ray-Drew/e129b025-a712-4a67-b361-fdb476c7f616

The Green Bay Packers have signed DE Ray Drew. The signing was announced Monday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.
Drew, a 6-foot-4, 300-pound first-year player out of the University of Georgia, entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with Miami in May 2015. He played in three preseason contests for the Dolphins before being released on Aug. 30. Drew was signed to Cleveland’s practice squad on Oct. 6 and was with the Browns for four games. He was a four-year letterman at Georgia (2011-14), appearing in 13 games with 11 starts as a senior and recording 39 tackles and three blocked kicks (tied for the NCAA lead).

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...025-a712-4a67-b361-fdb476c7f616#ixzz4316Dnm7f

Packers once again only team in NFL to have not signed a FA that was on another teams active roster last year.

Back