Official Green Bay vs Carolina Thread

Going GB 23 Carolina 20. Expect a couple more injuries though as Carolina will be physical and beat us up at times. GB going to limp out of this two game stretch.

Got that right.. This game potential has playoff seeding consequences. Lose and CAR has a tie breaker over GB....
Tie breaker and a two game lead. Kinda makes this as close to a must win as you can get if you want home field throughout

Dang. If we don't catch a break on these injuries we'll end up having to use the water boy. FP(

This should be a little better matchup for the Packers, at least in terms of being able to stop their offense. They don't have a ton of weapons and I don't put Cam on the same level as Manning or Rivers as far as throwing the ball goes. Obviously he's much more dangerous with his legs, but I think we've shown we can contain that now.

Can our offense move the ball against them? There I have no idea. People mention creativity on offense, but McCarthy seems to have an almost philosophical aversion to that. He seems to believe in the fundamentals of ours vs theirs, may the team that wins the one on one battles be victorious. To listen to his press conferences, it's clear he doesn't think changes need to be made other than better execution, tempo, and fundamentals. Although I suppose if he was planning on schematic changes, he's not going to announce it to the world.

I'm guessing a low scoring game decided by turnovers.

greg olsen is having his best season ever, and lets face it - we suck against good tight ends. if our offense doesn't make a major change from what we've seen in the past few games, we are going to lose this game. but it doesn't sound like mccarthy plans to change anything at all ("You don't just abandon the procedure when something bad happens"). i'm not at all hopeful for a win this weekend.

It is hard to be optimistic after last weeks performance, but try to remember that we are 6-1. Our defense has played better this year (except for the egg laying performance last week) and actually carried the team a couple of weeks. Let's hope MM successfully pulls his head out of his personal dark cave, throw some crossing patterns and pulls as big a turnaround this weekend as we witnessed last weekend.

RB- hang in there man! Like they say, 'any given Sunday'.

Packers bounce back from this loss. They will 27-17

Back