Official Game 6 Green Bay vs Chicago Thread

When Bears rookie Justin Fields starts Sunday against the Packers at Soldier Field, he will become the eighth starting Chicago Bears quarterback to start against Rodgers. He'll also become the 20th different starting quarterback the Bears have used against the Packers since 1992, when Brett Favre took over as the Packers starter. In that same time, the Packers have used only three different starting quarterbacks against the Bears: Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers and Brett Hundley.
Am I the only one really bored by this stuff? Not knocking you for posting GBP, but all this is saying is that GB has had franchise QBs and Chicago hasn’t, which we all know already.

Am I the only one really bored by this stuff? Not knocking you for posting GBP, but all this is saying is that GB has had franchise QBs and Chicago hasn’t, which we all know already.
Also shows Chicago can't even find average if you can find average you should have no more then 10 I would think in that span. Chicago has been horrible at drafting and signing QBs.

Also shows Chicago can't even find average if you can find average you should have no more then 10 I would think in that span. Chicago has been horrible at drafting and signing QBs.
Depends on your philosophy. Do you sit with an average guy for the long term and hope to pile up enough stars around him to make a run? or do you churn through the average guys until you find a stud?

Depends on your philosophy. Do you sit with an average guy for the long term and hope to pile up enough stars around him to make a run? or do you churn through the average guys until you find a stud?
Unless you get lucky and get that top 5 QB it's better to settle for average and build up around him as you can not spend as much on QB and build in other areas.

Unless you get lucky and get that top 5 QB it's better to settle for average and build up around him as you can not spend as much on QB and build in other areas.
But an average QB can still take up $25m of salary each year. It only works if those guys are on rookie deals. I think you're better off sticking with a guy while he is cheap and then starting over if he's just OK.

Not trying to throw water on the campfire but neither Favre or Rodgers were a top 5 pick.

But an average QB can still take up $25m of salary each year. It only works if those guys are on rookie deals. I think you're better off sticking with a guy while he is cheap and then starting over if he's just OK.
Exactly. Leverage the cap savings. The “average” QB is on the street for a reason. He’s average in a horrible QB pool. Play the upside

Or if shows there cannot develop the talent. To be fair they overdrafted Trubisky but Nagy did not help the cause either.

Back