Official Game 5 Green Bay vs Cincinnati Thread

I'm with you. I do think they are a young team that can be dangerous. They just don't know it yet. They go in spurts. They have that brash swagger of youth. Almost a naivety, but their lack of experience and inconsistencies show when under pressure. With the Packers having some defensive injuries, the game might be interesting. This is the time the Packers O has to take the reins and get up big so the Bengals become one dimensional.
Who are you?
I’ve never heard Budman speak so eloquently!
What have you done with Budman!?

Bengals 3-1, coming off 24-21 win over Jax.

Bengals rank 22nd in overall offense. 23rd in passing and 22nd in rushing. Joe Burrow has completed 73% of his passes for 988 yards with 9 TD's and 4 INT's. Ja'Marr chase is leading receiver with 297 yards and 4 TD's. Joe Mixon has 353 yards rushing with 2 TD's but may be questionable for this week.

Defensively, Bengals are 7th overall, 14th against the pass and 9th against the rush. Opponents have had just 4 TD passes and 3 INT's in 4 games. Opponents have averaged just 3.7 yards per rushing attempt with 4 TD's. Defense has 11 sacks in 4 games. DT B.J. Hill leads Bengals with 3 sacks.

Packers enter this week with the #25 offense, 24th in passing and 24th in rushing.

Defensively, Packers are 6th overall, 8th in passing and 12th in rushing.

Whether or not Mixon plays is a big deal as no one else on the Bengals has more than 28 yards rushing. Bengals receivers are pretty good though and could create problems with Alexander out.

Overall though, the Bengals despite their record haven't been overly impressive. Their wins include an overtime win over Vikings and a 3 point win over Jacksonville. Their loss was to the Bears.
Nice write up. Good call on Mixon too. He has had a a good couple years right in the middle of his career and he just has that feeling of being on the verge of busting out a career year if he can stay healthy. He can be dynamic.. With the weapons on the outside, the heat can be taken off of him a bit, but, as you said, if he can't go, their run game takes a big hit.

Saw this earlier
Very interesting stats. That defensive, red zone stat is telling and that needs to get corrected if the Packers hope to make a deep run this year.

Nice write up. Good call on Mixon too. He has had a a good couple years right in the middle of his career and he just has that feeling of being on the verge of busting out a career year if he can stay healthy. He can be dynamic.. With the weapons on the outside, the heat can be taken off of him a bit, but, as you said, if he can't go, their run game takes a big hit.
CIN head coach Zac Taylor initially said Mixon was week-to-week with his injury. He has since changed his comment to Mixon being day-to-day.
I wonder if that’s because last year he said Mixon was week-to-week and ended up missing 10 weeks?
Are Taylor’s comments about Mixon a ruse? Or, is his injury minor and we’ll see him on Sunday?

I think this is going to be a tight game all way through. Joe Mixon might not play which is only a plus for GB. I think GB wins late with Crosby kicking game winner. GB wins 27-24.

I think this is going to be a tight game all way through. Joe Mixon might not play which is only a plus for GB. I think GB wins late with Crosby kicking game winner. GB wins 27-24.
I'm gonna go the other way and say that GB offense lays it on them. 34-17

If they can pressure Burrow they win. With Alexander out the secondary will be under stress all day. This team cannot get consistent pressure from the DL and if you blitz you leave CB's out on an island one on one

Cincinnati 27 GB 21

Back