Official Game 4 Green Bay vs Pittsburgh Thread

#Packers have same three players not practicing today: Elgton Jenkins (ankle), MVS (hamstring), Kevin King (concussion). Three starters. Jenkins and King stretched to the side at start of practice, while MVS rode stationary bike.

If we can run the ball even half-decent, then PIT is in trouble (Idk if we’ll be able to or not).

If we can’t, I could see this looking like the CAR game last year—still should win but could lose if PIT makes a play or two.

Brutal assessment by the Pitt Press Gazette:

The Steelers’ current offensive coordinator, Matt Canada, looks like a college coach trying to out-scheme NFL coaches. It looks like a college offense designed for the college game, and Canada’s play calling suggests he is completely in over his head in the NFL.

Mike Tomlin, who presumably hired Canada, said Sunday after the Steelers’ 24-10 loss to the Bengals that this was a total team effort. He said the players didn’t play well enough and the coaches didn’t coach well enough. He was then asked about what he thinks about Canada’s growth as a coordinator and he was not interested in that discussion.

“We are not playing well enough,” Tomlin answered. “Frame it however the hell you want to frame it.”

There is only one way to frame it ,and it is that there is not a single thing Canada has shown that establishes he has any clue about what to do in his first role as an NFL offensive coordinator. He was hired to fix the running game, and it may have actually gotten worse — which is saying something.

Tomlin is getting some serious heat from the fan base right now...

They feel Rooney has protected him for too long. If things go south this season, Rooney may well drop the hammer.

They are a desperate team...any time you play one of those, anything can happen. I am wary.
Have a friend who is a Steelers fan he's been saying for last 5 years fire Tomlin.

Getting TJ Watt back will be huge for them, they didn't get enough pass rush vs. the Bengals. Their DL outside of Heyward is meh because of injuries, and I think the GB OL is up to the task. The concern there is who plays LT (Njiman again?) - teams have him on tape now and will adjust. He'll still need help. I think GB's offense at home can get the job done, especially if they commit to the run and find some counters to PIT's aggressive D. (Jet motion? Play action obviously.)

PIT has had problems scoring -- first team to 21 points should win. Packers have a deeper and healthier roster; they should beat PIT at home.

The thing I worry about is that PIT should be a very angry and desperate team after losing to CIN, they will be fired up and give GB all they can handle.

Getting TJ Watt back will be huge for them, they didn't get enough pass rush vs. the Bengals. Their DL outside of Heyward is meh because of injuries, and I think the GB OL is up to the task. The concern there is who plays LT (Njiman again?) - teams have him on tape now and will adjust. He'll still need help. I think GB's offense at home can get the job done, especially if they commit to the run and find some counters to PIT's aggressive D. (Jet motion? Play action obviously.)

PIT has had problems scoring -- first team to 21 points should win. Packers have a deeper and healthier roster; they should beat PIT at home.

The thing I worry about is that PIT should be a very angry and desperate team after losing to CIN, they will be fired up and give GB all they can handle.
Watt is not going to be 100 percent so not sure how much impact he has.

Chase Claypool is questionable, so he’s likely less than 100% as well if he plays

Back