Official Game 2 Green Bay vs Chicago Game 2 Thread

My point to Tom and some of the others isn't to completely dis them but folks OL & WR......there are no miracles with this group at all. The front office has understaffed that area.
There are no miracles at WR but Watson at least is physically explosive and Doubs looks OK out there, I don't see any reason for Cobb and Watkins to take snaps from these two young guys, those two both look washed. And no I don't care if Aaron wasn't given enough positive reinforcement as a child or whatever his deal is with trust, just throw the damn ball to these guys if they're open.

There are no miracles at WR but Watson at least is physically explosive and Doubs looks OK out there, I don't see any reason for Cobb and Watkins to take snaps from these two young guys, those two both look washed. And no I don't care if Aaron wasn't given enough positive reinforcement as a child or whatever his deal is with trust, just throw the damn ball to these guys if they're open.
rp... love ya but at the end of the day, they are rookies coming from spread principals into an offense that requires routes and timing. Big learning curve. Cobb and Watkins are as useless as tits on a boar hog. Nuff said.

We failed to add a solid mix of vets and rookies in the room, 100% on Gute and Murphy. AR should have golfed and hem and hawed less this off-season and got his hinder into those off-season workouts working with the rookies on timing etc.

rp... love ya but at the end of the day, they are rookies coming from spread principals into an offense that requires routes and timing. Big learning curve. Cobb and Watkins are as useless as tits on a boar hog. Nuff said.

We failed to add a solid mix of vets and rookies in the room, 100% on Gute and Murphy. AR should have golfed and hem and hawed less this off-season and got his hinder into those off-season workouts working with the rookies on timing etc.
Well blame #12 for needing his dick stroked to prove it's the largest in the room by being given the contract he was given to make sure his weak ass ego proves that being the highest paid player in the NFL values his self worth. Had he not done that perhaps GB could have afforded a better WR that Watkins.

I hear you Mark but how are they going to manage that learning curve when reps are being taken by the two washed up vets? Either way those two are probably going to hit a wall later this season but I don't see the point of them being held back so that Cobb and Watkins can do nothing at all. If that had traded for someone like Robert Woods or signed Allen Robinson, OK I get it. But learning curve and all I think the rookies have more to offer than Cobb/Watkins.

Well blame #12 for needing his dick stroked to prove it's the largest in the room by being given the contract he was given to make sure his weak ass ego proves that being the highest paid player in the NFL values his self worth. Had he not done that perhaps GB could have afforded a better WR that Watkins.
Watkins, very disrespectfully showed up fat and out of shape, and then coaches and ML have the shamelessness to lie and pretend he's making plays but only when no one outside the team can see it.

And if he does not get the contract #10 would be behind center more than likely. And no it would not really helped pay for a WR better than Watkins

I saw nothing this past Sunday, on offense, to get excited about.

About all I can say is that our offense is a work in progress. Even when Bakh and Jenkins get back, there's a lot of work to do. Expect a lot of bumps in the road. These guys on the O-line, and our WRs, are not future Hall of Fame players.

I saw nothing this past Sunday, on offense, to get excited about.

About all I can say is that our offense is a work in progress. Even when Bakh and Jenkins get back, there's a lot of work to do. Expect a lot of bumps in the road. These guys on the O-line, and our WRs, are not future Hall of Fame players.
I’m not going to make any judgments on Watson or Doubs being future HOF players after 1 game. As to the OL yeah not much there outside of Bak and Jenkins.

All that said rookies need time to adjust, as pointed out they came from spread systems with limited route tree background

I’m not going to make any judgments on Watson or Doubs being future HOF players after 1 game. As to the OL yeah not much there outside of Bak and Jenkins.

All that said rookies need time to adjust, as pointed out they came from spread systems with limited route tree background
You knew what I meant when I said they weren't HOF players. I stated it relating to where they were at this point in their careers.

Back