Official 2019 Week 2 Green Bay vs Minnesota Thread

Defense:
Need to set a hard edge. Cook got most of his big runs just outside OT.
Pressure Cousins in his face. He’s not as much a run threat as Trubisky. But you can’t let him step up in the pocket, or he will kill you.

Offense:
They need a little semblance of life from the running game.
Quick passes to TE’s. Tonyan more involved.
Get Vitale more involved in passing game as well.

The Vikings want to (1) play good defense (2) create turnovers (3) run the ball (4) make a couple of big plays through the air with their excellent receivers and (5) limit Cousins' impact on the game.

I expect (1) the Vikings will play good defense but I also expect (2) the Packers will limit their turnovers unlike the Falcons yesterday.

The keys to me are not permitting Cook and the running game to get going, making sure their WRs get theirs but do not go off, and forcing Cousins to win the game. I have hope that our new defense can accomplish all of the above.
I also think think, at home, Rodgers and the offense can put up 20 or more points.

Packers 20 - Vikings 17

The Vikings want to (1) play good defense (2) create turnovers (3) run the ball (4) make a couple of big plays through the air with their excellent receivers and (5) limit Cousins' impact on the game.

I expect (1) the Vikings will play good defense but I also expect (2) the Packers will limit their turnovers unlike the Falcons yesterday.

The keys to me are not permitting Cook and the running game to get going, making sure their WRs get theirs but do not go off, and forcing Cousins to win the game. I have hope that our new defense can accomplish all of the above.
I also think think, at home, Rodgers and the offense can put up 20 or more points.

Packers 20 - Vikings 17

I agree with this analysis. I might add that they'll need to tackle as well as they did against the Bears, and play ball control. The Vikings are capable of putting up points, and limiting their opportunities will become a key in this game. Cousins can become frustrated and throw at receivers, not to them, when it happens.

On offense, make every trip down the field count, by either scoring, or forcing the Vikings to start from inside their own 20 yard line as often as possible. We cannot have turnovers.

Hard for me to get a good handle on this game. Too early to know exactly what we have on either side of the ball. Based on last week, I'd say Packers win 20-17.

The Packer defense, based on one game, should be better than Atlanta against the run game. That should force Cousins to throw the ball around more than usual which should hopefully lead to a turnover or two. The Viking offense is better than the Bears offense so they'll score more, but the Packers should as well. Hopefully it'll be enough to get a close win.

A win this Sunday would say alot for this season's Packers team. I suppose to get this done that ARod needs to show his NFL MVP form. This Viqueens team looks pretty good to me. They are going to score points, no doubt about it. Our D looked very good last week, but this is a much better team than Da Bears. The name of this game will be Offense Offense Offense, unless ARod has a tough time out there. Good Luck Packers! cheesehead)

It should be a good game. Will take several games or more to get the offense synced and playing well together. O line will be ok once they got some games together under their belt. If we see a bunch of injuries there, then it will take longer. If we can stop their passing, I think we win. I am not as worried about Cook as I am the passing game. He is good, but no Adrian Peterson. Don't see a blowout either way...… 24-20 Packers

It’ll take more than 1 week for us to buy into this defense. It definitely showed promise for sure. I just think the key is making Cousins beat us. But I think Cousins is better than Mitch and I think the Vikings have better weapons than the bears. I think it being in Green Bay plays to our advantage but it’s going to be a damn good game and I can see it going either way

Reactions: TW
I think this will be a better test to see where our defense is at. Vikes have some weapons and appeared to be firing on all cylinders last weekend.

I am not expecting much from us offensively. Zimmers defense always gives us problems. So that mixed with still becoming familiar with the new system and Rodgers appearing to regress a little I think it could be another long day.

Ultimately comes down to the kicker. Crosby with a FG to win it.

Back