Official 2019 Week 16 Green Bay vs Minnesota Thread

famous vince lombardi quotes:

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Winners never quit and quitters never win.

It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.

Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.

The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.

Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is.

Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

Get off my lawn, punk.
Also near end a quote was I am not letting them shove anything up my ass

one thing a lot of the prognosticators seem to gloss over is the fact that the vikings have not beat a single team with a record over .500. the packers have defeated four teams with records over .500 at the time they played them. i read six somewhere else, and that was incorrect. although they did beat three other teams that were .500 at the time they played them

Ya know, I said the same thing about the 49ers, that was right before they dunked our heads in a septic tank.

MN is capable of embarrassing us just the same way SF did, they have so much speed on D in the front 7 and that fast surface plays right to them. If I’m ML I’m dusting off the Dallas game plan. Jones out the backfield is read 1, go from there.

if they lose, they still own the tie breaker against the Vikes because GB will only have 1 division loss vs 2 for the Vikes. A loss would move GB to the 3 seed, and then a loss to Detroit and a Vikings victory over the Bears, MN would move to 3 and GB to 5 or 6. There is no way they can be the 4 seed.

You are correct, Howard. I was thinking San Fran or Seattle could jump us but they cannot due to them not winning the division.

Hear, hear! Fans are fans, they smack talk all the time and it has ZERO relevance on the game itself. Players are so insulated from much of that stuff, I mean for 90% of them it's random chance that they are playing for their current team, those rivalries don't mean the same thing to them as for fans. Let the fans be idiots, they're allowed.

There's so much going on that this game is the toughest to predict yet. Vikings need to win out to get NFC North title. Packers just need to beat the Lions next week. Packers are, however, playing for a 1st round bye - which is almost automatic with a win, but will be improbable with a loss. Minnesota is more banged-up. Packers have a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde persona which has been most tiresome to us fans! Dalvin Cook may not play and if he does he probably won't be close to 100%. Vikings secondary can be suspect. Packers offense dies quickly after scripted plays are through causing defense to tire and break down as game progresses. IMO the Vikings are a better team and they have home field advantage. It feels like a tight type of NFC North game, that may only last in first half as Packers fizzle and Vikings blow us out in the second.

But I'm going to play my one green and gold card for the season. (Sorry Mark.) Rodgers and the Packers offense comes alive, finally plays a full game, the passing game explodes and Packers win 38-24. If they plan on making a deep run in the post-season, this has to start somewhere and I'm saying this game is it. ggg(

There's so much going on that this game is the toughest to predict yet. Vikings need to win out to get NFC North title. Packers just need to beat the Lions next week. Packers are, however, playing for a 1st round bye - which is almost automatic with a win, but will be improbable with a loss. Minnesota is more banged-up. Packers have a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde persona which has been most tiresome to us fans! Dalvin Cook may not play and if he does he probably won't be close to 100%. Vikings secondary can be suspect. Packers offense dies quickly after scripted plays are through causing defense to tire and break down as game progresses. IMO the Vikings are a better team and they have home field advantage. It feels like a tight type of NFC North game, that may only last in first half as Packers fizzle and Vikings blow us out in the second.

But I'm going to play my one green and gold card for the season. (Sorry Mark.) Rodgers and the Packers offense comes alive, finally plays a full game, the passing game explodes and Packers win 38-24. If they plan on making a deep run in the post-season, this has to start somewhere and I'm saying this game is it. ggg(

If they’ve been saving anything new on offense.....something they haven’t shown yet......this would be a great time/place to use it!

Most likely nothing new. Just spitballing here.

Another inter-division contest, another tough game. I see the Vikes are favored by 4.5 pts, and some saying 5.5. That sounds about right. Mn and Cousins are playing better football lately. I have to agree with most of you that GB will have to step up their game. Mn has their WRs who can lay a hurting on GBs coverage. So._._GO PACK GO ! FCC(

Back