Official 2019 Week 14 Green Bay vs Washington Thread

I like the ESPN rating system a lot more than I do the old 158.3 system. It figures in a lot more variables. The best thing to do is go through the entire system to see how their numbers play out in the ratings. Haskins numbers are horrible.

ESPN Rating System

The Skins racked up a ton of rushing yards, like almost 250 IIRC, on a bad Carolina run defense Sunday. They have won 2 straight and will come in confident. Yes, the Packers have the far better QB, they are at home, and this is the better team.

But no, they will not be a push over. The formula for winning games isn't rocket science for the Packers. They have scored a TD on now I believe 7 of their 12 games in the opening drive to start the game. I think that puts them either number 1 in the NFL or damn near the top. Get up on the Skins early, step on the gas, and don't look back.
Put the ball in QB Dwayne Haskins, with a 58.5 QB rating, hands and force him to beat you. And for the defense, get off the field on 4th down.

The reason the Giants hung around for the 1st half is because they dominated the time of possession. If you take the running game out of the Skins plan by going up early, you win this game.

The Skins racked up a ton of rushing yards, like almost 250 IIRC, on a bad Carolina run defense Sunday. They have won 2 straight and will come in confident. Yes, the Packers have the far better QB, they are at home, and this is the better team.

But no, they will not be a push over. The formula for winning games isn't rocket science for the Packers. They have scored a TD on now I believe 7 of their 12 games in the opening drive to start the game. I think that puts them either number 1 in the NFL or damn near the top. Get up on the Skins early, step on the gas, and don't look back.
Put the ball in QB Dwayne Haskins, with a 58.5 QB rating, hands and force him to beat you. And for the defense, get off the field on 4th down.

The reason the Giants hung around for the 1st half is because they dominated the time of possession. If you take the running game out of the Skins plan by going up early, you win this game.

Skins are playing a bit better, but you've nailed it. Sell out on the run and force Haskins to beat you. Wouldn't shock me if they give up a big play or two because of that, but turnovers will be there.

Not sure if Carolina D is the reason, but Guice looked like a beast Sunday.

Skins are playing a bit better, but you've nailed it. Sell out on the run and force Haskins to beat you. Wouldn't shock me if they give up a big play or two because of that, but turnovers will be there.

Personally I thought Guice was a better pure runner than Fouranette coming out of LSU but injuries held him back. He’s the real deal. I agree on the premise but I still think it’s close, late TD and turnovers win it 34-21

good to see you posting Sinatra

Iirc Packers run D was actually pretty good, when they have two run stuffers in at ILB. It's just that Pettine likes the nickel, due to the state of the modern game.

I would assume they'll line up in base quite a bit with Marinez and Goodson this week.

I think Haskins is going to be good for at least 2 INT's in the game.

from nfl.com:

Green Bay Packers 27, Washington Redskins 15

1 p.m. ET (FOX) | Lambeau Field (Green Bay, Wis.)

Aaron Rodgers is navigating the pocket better than he has in years, a sign of health that mirrors the rest of the Packers roster. Bob McGinn of The Athletic has noted all season that Green Bay is winning primarily with turnover margin and health. The Packers are able to play all 22 starters while coach Matt LaFleur tinkers with playing time. (Jimmy Graham and Marquez Valdes-Scantling have lost snaps lately.) I'm still not certain how good this Pack team is, but this isn't the week to find out. While the Redskins' rushing attack can keep this game reasonably close, Green Bay DC Mike Pettine should be able to cook up some turnovers against a rookie QB, like he did a week ago in New Jersey.

Back