Nick Perry on injuries: 'It's pretty frustrating ... knowing how great I can be'

Same old with Neal and Perry. In the ice bath or the have some kind of haphazard injury. We go back to the whole Justin Harrell question.... How long do you keep an injury prone player around before you cut him loose ?

Thoughts ? sh))

Same old with Neal and Perry. In the ice bath or the have some kind of haphazard injury. We go back to the whole Justin Harrell question.... How long do you keep an injury prone player around before you cut him loose ?

Thoughts ? sh))

It would depend greatly on if you get any production out of them. Perry may have more upside but at least Neal sees the field here and there. TT hates cutting his draft choices though. Here you have a first round pick and a second. I would think they would have to literally do nothing to get cut.

In 3 years he has 50 tackles 19 assts and 9 sacks. Hardly what you expect from a first round pick. He sticks but if you can't pick it up in a contract year it's time to part ways in my opinion.

Unless Perry wows in camp I cut him and move on he's a waste roster space pretty much.

He's a first round pick, so unless he proves completely incompetent (Sherrod) or physically broken (Harrell) he should stick until the end of the season. Huge 'if' right now, but say you have a guy like Elliot, who came on on ST and has shown some athletic ability, take a step and (bigger if) maybe Hubbard warrants a roster spot with his play in camp. You know Perry is a one year guy at this point - do you keep him because he's the most experienced guy or do you cut/reduce playing time and see what the others can do?

He's a first round pick, so unless he proves completely incompetent (Sherrod) or physically broken (Harrell) he should stick until the end of the season. Huge 'if' right now, but say you have a guy like Elliot, who came on on ST and has shown some athletic ability, take a step and (bigger if) maybe Hubbard warrants a roster spot with his play in camp. You know Perry is a one year guy at this point - do you keep him because he's the most experienced guy or do you cut/reduce playing time and see what the others can do?
Simple. Always put the best guys on the roster, no matter what. That's how we lost Rolle. bh(

We should all hope he can stay healthy. IMO health has been the real issue with him more than anything else.

Back