New Quarterback-Center Tandem Would Be Huge Challenge for Packers

I do agree there if he wants to keep teammates/friends he should be willing to make salary adjustments to keep them.

The GM drafted two guys in the 2nd round who could play center. There are people who believe Jenkins could be better at OC than Linsley. GB has paid close attention to the spot since the Jeff Saturday debacle, and Rodgers has nothing to complain about from a talent perspective.

The GM drafted two guys in the 2nd round who could play center. There are people who believe Jenkins could be better at OC than Linsley. GB has paid close attention to the spot since the Jeff Saturday debacle, and Rodgers has nothing to complain about from a talent perspective.
Oh I think Jenkins could be a great center but with Myers being drafted I think it shows that they view Jenkins to much possibly as a RT then to use him as a center.

Oh I think Jenkins could be a great center but with Myers being drafted I think it shows that they view Jenkins to much possibly as a RT then to use him as a center.
Yeah they certainly value flexibility. They passed on Eric McCoy to draft Jenkins, and passed on Creed Humphrey to draft Myers. Similar type of eval in that the guys they passed on were true centers, and they passed on the in favor of guys they felt more comfortable could play C or G.

Yeah they certainly value flexibility. They passed on Eric McCoy to draft Jenkins, and passed on Creed Humphrey to draft Myers. Similar type of eval in that the guys they passed on were true centers, and they passed on the in favor of guys they felt more comfortable could play C or G.
That has always been the Packers MO. I think it might be a requirement when drafting a OL that they can play more then one spot.

Though fair question how much does Gute get to do without having Murphy bless it.
As to the draft I think it’s a collaboration with the HC. Don’t think Murphy meddles. Now on FA / cash / contracts might be a different story

As to the draft I think it’s a collaboration with the HC. Don’t think Murphy meddles. Now on FA / cash / contracts might be a different story
I think Murphy in draft if there is a difference between HC and GM Murphy decides who gets picked.

I think Murphy in draft if there is a difference between HC and GM Murphy decides who gets picked.
I would tend to disagree. Murphy is not in meetings, watching film and evaluation. Not his gig. He’s an ops guy

Back