Nationals 4, Brewers 3: Washington rallies for three runs in the eighth inning to deliver gut-punching loss

CrewNation

Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Brewers clung to a 3-1 lead all night until the eighth inning, when Josh Hader struggled and Trent Grisham's error allowed the Nationals to win.

brewers

Continue reading...

Said before will say again Hader is not the lights out pitcher he once was guy has now like 9-10 blown saves on season.

A little rough on the man GBP. He is still one of the best in the league. 37 saves, 3 wins and 5 losses not too shabby.

A little rough on the man GBP. He is still one of the best in the league. 37 saves, 3 wins and 5 losses not too shabby.
He's a great set up man I just don't like him as a closer or at least how he's used they use him to much to pitch two innings then can't be used for a few days. I would have rather gone out traded for a closer and let Hader do what he did best come in be the set up guy in the 8th inning.

Is Hader a closer? yes. Was 17 for 17 with a 2 run lead....Did he have his good stuff? no. But 9 out of 10 times that broken bat flare single to Zimmerman is an out and we go to the 9th up 3-1. Its baseball. Great run nothing to be ashamed of

He's a great set up man I just don't like him as a closer or at least how he's used they use him to much to pitch two innings then can't be used for a few days. I would have rather gone out traded for a closer and let Hader do what he did best come in be the set up guy in the 8th inning.

Trade for who? Give up who? Its not like 20 other teams wanted the same thing. Without the trade for Pomerantz and Black not sure if this team makes the playoffs. We were without our top starter, no MVP in September, Cain and Braun were both 75% healthy at best. And guess what they came within 1 run of advancing

i think they should have left pomeranz in the game in the 8th. he retired 6 out of 6 of the batters he had faced. he was clearly having a great night. he might have been able to finish the game and they could have given hader a little rest. was anyone paying attention in the bullpen when hader was warming up?

I thought they'd try to get another inning out of Suter, then Pom goes 7-8 and Hader is only on for one.

The way this team is stacked up right now, I think last night went just about as well as anybody thought it would right up to the bottom of the 8th.

There's a lot of good pieces on this team, let's see if they can get a few of these guys to stay and get guys back to health or return them to effectiveness.

i think they should have left pomeranz in the game in the 8th. he retired 6 out of 6 of the batters he had faced. he was clearly having a great night. he might have been able to finish the game and they could have given hader a little rest. was anyone paying attention in the bullpen when hader was warming up?

Pomeranz would have been maxed out after the 8th. You go with your best guy out there to close. Like I said if that broken bat flare gets caught which it does 9 out of 10 times its 3-1 in the 9th

I thought they'd try to get another inning out of Suter, then Pom goes 7-8 and Hader is only on for one.

The way this team is stacked up right now, I think last night went just about as well as anybody thought it would right up to the bottom of the 8th.

There's a lot of good pieces on this team, let's see if they can get a few of these guys to stay and get guys back to health or return them to effectiveness.

Agree with this, only other guy that I may get up is Peralta for 1 and he did get up to throw. Hader was 17 for 17 in saves up 2 runs, cant fault the decision

Back