Milwaukee Bucks New head coach

Not shocking if Giannis was backing the hire of Griffin

I hate it when players voice an opinion of who they want as a head coach, and the team hires that person. It makes the signing look like it was a directive from the "star player." As long as Griffin and/or Giannis is in Milwaukee, it's going to look like he's Giannis "guy."

It also concerns me that Griffin will be somewhat intimidated by it happening this way.

To me, this is nearly as bad as the coaching/Rodgers garbage we we nauseated with in GB, and it has fortunately ended.

I hate it when players voice an opinion of who they want as a head coach, and the team hires that person. It makes the signing look like it was a directive from the "star player." As long as Griffin and/or Giannis is in Milwaukee, it's going to look like he's Giannis "guy."

It also concerns me that Griffin will be somewhat intimidated by it happening this way.

To me, this is nearly as bad as the coaching/Rodgers garbage we we nauseated with in GB, and it has fortunately ended.
Giannis has couple years left on his deal with MKE. Ownership is going to do what they need to do to keep Giannis happy and want him to resign in MKE.

I don't know if Griffin will be good or not. He seems to be a solid hire. I don't follow the NBA closely enough to know him well, but from what I've read he's a solid defensive coach and good at developing players. The first part is good but I'm not sure how that development skill will help a team that seems to be disinterested in having and using their draft picks or using young players. With them seeming to load their roster with older veterans, I don't see much opportunity for that talent to be utilized unless they change their philosophy over the next few seasons.

It'll be interesting to see how the roster changes for next season. A number of veteran players are at the end of their contracts. If they bring some of them back it will still be an older veteran team. They may have no choice since they are so far over the salary CAP that they don't have many options to sign good young talent. Keep some veterans and then sign a couple of fringe, minimum salary young guys. They may need to just mostly roll it back and hope for the best.

I too hate that players have so much input on coaches, but it's the norm in the NBA that superstar players are basically the assistant GM on their respective teams.

I'm not certain the Bucks need too much work to be better. To be honest, they were blindsided by a team that quite honestly was a lot better than what anyone realized, and they had a coach who knew how to use the talent he had on his roster.

If Bud had been better at adjusting their game, and utilizing the talent he had on the Bucks, they could have won that series.

This past season we probably had the best talent on the team that we have, during this entire run. Now it's up to a coach to make it mesh together for another championship.

I'm not certain Griffin is the right guy either to be honest. But, then again, I'm not certain Nurse would have been either. I just hope they got it right, because this team could win a couple more championships before they're rebuilt around Giannis, or start over.

Crazy Monty Williams fired by the Suns and Detroit makes him the leagues highest paid coach at 6 years $72 million with incentives that could push the deal to 8 years $100 million.

Also saw on twitter that Grayson Allen selling his home in WI. He getting traded?

Back