Mike Eaves let go after 14 seasons

I did not know that the ACC wasn't even accredited, though I suspected something wasn't right.

Even more reason to tell Notre Dame to get lost. I'm not really a Notre Dame hater, but their attitude is just a little too elitist for me. Either join a conference or be an independent and schedule the best you can. This is all done to take care of their scheduling headaches. Half-way joining a conference gets them a solid schedule but still lets them thumb their noses at the conference in terms of TV rights, shared revenues, etc. I'm assuming ND did this because it reduces expenses because instead of traveling to the N.E. every other weekend, they have much shorter trips to the B1G schools.

I'm assuming ND did this because it reduces expenses because instead of traveling to the N.E. every other weekend, they have much shorter trips to the B1G schools.

The B1G is also a little desperate to get a few more talented teams into the league. The pairwise rankings the last two years have been pathetic.

Minnesota and Wisconsin are perennial powers fallen on hard times, which makes Michigan the only viable team right now. Heck, those three teams have more titles than the next ten teams combined.

Ohio State has always been terrible, and MSU has a handful of good years, well behind them. PSU is brand new, and the league isn't looking for more start-ups.

And yeah, it helps ND with travel, but they are more suited for the eastern style of hockey right now. I think the B1G will shoot to get one more. Arizona State is out, but Mich Tech might be a good add. They're better academically than Mich and MSU. Miami would be my other bet, but the buckeyes aren't going to like being the second best team from Ohio in the conference.

Back