McCarthy to Dallas!?

Interesting hire and one that will be fun to watch over the next few years. I'll echo what some others have said.

I think it appeals to McCarthy because he always just wanted to "coach". WIth TT as the mute-GM, he was also team spokesman on things like personnel. That won't be a problem in Big-D. Jerry is the team spokesman. Mac can just sit back and let others do all the talking and talking and talking . . .

It'll be interesting to see how certain things play out. MM would always say he wanted to run the ball but he never really seemed to "commit" to it. Now he's got a top level, big money RB and a good O-line. No reason not to run the ball. In fact, I think there will be pressure on him to do exactly that.

How will Dak Prescott progress. He's a good QB with room to grow. MM has often been credited by some people as a developer of QBs. Do we see progress from Dak. Did MM just really get lucky with AR? Maybe those questions will be answered.

Did McCarthy and the system get old and stale in GB? Yes and its not like it was the first time in the NFL its happened and wont be the last. Reid had similar issues in Philadelphia and Payton has some issues in NOLA before he got an influx of talent and adjusted, seems many forget he had 3 straight 7-9 season, enough to get the pink slip in any other organization.

Personally I think McCarthy got a bad rap in GB. Say what you want but the guy won 125 games, 10 playoff games and a SB. He had 3 losing seasons in 12 years, 2 of them the last 2. Throw that record and success in 98% of NFL cities and you are revered. Did he develop Rodgers? Hell yes, just remember 23 other teams passed on him.

As to Dallas the pieces are in place to win now. I think he will. Zeke is the Eddie Lacy GB fans hoped Eddie would be when Mac wanted to run the ball and an OL in place to do it. Cooper can be a dynamic WR if he can remember you need to catch the ball first. Dak is not Rodgers but he has a big upside. There are issues on defense but what teams dont have issues or warts. Lot of things not to like about Jerry Jones but I do give him credit, he wants to win, I cannot say that about all owners. And I think JJ knows what HIS window is to win.

i can't believe how much weight mccarthy put on in one idle season. that's really unhealthy.

Al Harris joining MM in Dallas as a assistant DB coach.

Kellen Moore will stay in Dallas as OC and will call plays per report. MM said he will not change terminology he will learn the calls that Dallas used not put his own in.

No change of OC, no change in calls.... I think he's supposed to "make it work." It's the system Jones wants, with Jones players, and McCarthy is the ring master.

Back