McCarthy: Rodgers is good, but sore like everybody else

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Green Bay - The following is a summary of Packers coach Mike McCarthy's pre-practice press conference Tuesday:

- (On practice today) Today a combination of Wednesday and Thursday.
- (On adjusting to schedule) We're all on the same plan. We have some history with Thursday games. We feel like we have a good schedule to follow. We've tweaked it each and every year. I think once you get to thursday, it's exciting because you get to play. The prepaation is really quick.
- (On classroom things) Intensity of mental preparation at the forefront.
- (On Rodgers) He's good, he's sore like everybody.
- (On Lacy) Watching first game Chicago and game Minnesota, you have more confidence, more in synch. Hitting the hole quicker, more decisive. That happens every posiitoin on the field. I felt he got into a groove.
- (On Quarless) Nothing to announce on Andrew quite yet.
- (On sustaining drives) Get a defense past six plays, the energy can tilt you're way. Defense wants to get off the field in three plays and so the longer you keep a defense on the field, the advantage is to the offense. All part of ebb and flow of football.
- (On Favre ceremony) Everybody is aware of the retirement. It is at halftime, I'm not part of the details of that.
- (On Favre speaking to the team) I would never announce any of those type of things.
- (On Bears) They're playing much better than earlier in the season. Jay is having a very good year. We've seen a lot of the Bears. I would say Jay, like the rest of the team, their system is in place.
- (On Langford) Good football player. Three-down back. That's the first thing I evaluate. He's extremely productive. I have the utmost respect for Matt Forte. We'll see if he plays this week.

Continue reading...

I think Starr speaking to the team would mean more esp since Starr's have said this might be their last time ever in WI.

I wonder if MM still isn't too receptive of Farve coming back. It just strikes me that way but I could be reading more into it. Just some of the things McCarthy says on the subject just seems short and terse. Anyways, I think this will be a great night in Lambeau. Hoping the Packers come out with same intensity as during the Vikings game

Back