McCarthy: Bulaga feels he's getting stronger, will see Wednesday if he's ready for football...

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Green Bay - The following is a summary of Packers coach Mike McCarthy's Monday press conference:

- (On injuries) Still working through it. We'll have a report on Wednesday.
- (On 4-0) I think everybody that prepares for a season wants a fast start. We haven't done in the past. Was our emphasis. Give ton of credit to our players. Hit our targets and overcame some adversity, went to SF, short week, weather, injury situation and were able to get a good quality win.
- (On defense) We believe in stacking success and with that success comes confidence. Best defensive performance of year. Whole different opponent this week with St. Louis Rams and how they'll threaten us. Four wins and getting better each and every week.
- (On run defense and sacks) Down and distance. It's a down and distance game. Ability to stop the run sets up playing the pass. Stopping the run is A number 1.
- (On sacks) Puts us in a situation where we have number of guys who can rush the passer and I think the way that the sacks and pressures have been distributed through their performance and production definitely shows that.
- (On Perry) Nick playing really good football. Like the rotation with our front group.
- (On James Jones) When I look at James Jones production, he's picked up where he's left off. Last time when he was here in 2013, he had a huge year. I look at James as just as jumping back in a groove with Aaron and frankly with the way our receiver group is put together today with some of the injuries and the way the game flows, he's getting a lot of opportunities and he's definitely cashing in on those I look at James as jumping back in the groove with Aaron. Way our receiver group built, he's getting a lot of opportunities.
- (On adjusting without Nelson) We said back when got back from Pittsburgh no replacing Jordy Nelson. Important for our WR group not to look at it that way. You have to look at the opportunities that are there. Speaks to the development of Montgomery and Cobb has had some big games. All about opportunities.
- (On deep passing game) First play of game, so there's game plan that goes into that decision. That was by design to take that shot. The action was excellent and to have that much room was credit to design. Good throw and tough catch. I think we're ranked second in plus-25 yard gains. We know how to create big plays.
- (On lack of big gains from WRs) Well, it's four games. I think anytime you get four games on a team you get a little more information on that. You have to make sure you're on top of your Ps and Qs.
- (On Joe Philbin) Personally, I'm extremely disappointed. As we all know, Joe is a man of high character and outstanding football coach. I'll leave it at that.
- (On bringing him back) It's Week 5. If Joe Philbin desires will coach again.
- (On looking forward) We know we have to grow from the first quarter of the season.
- (On Montgomery versatility) That's something we always liked about him from the time he was drafted out of Stanford. The fact that you can play him the backfield, the return game and I think he's done some really good things at receiver too. Ty is getting better each and every week so I mean that's all part of it.
- (On Matthews' growth) Clay has always been a playmaker. More move him around, more plays he'll make. He's also a good teammate. Football is a matchup game. Gives us an excellent player in the front seven to match up with.
- (On if he's hoping Bulaga can do some football work this week) I know Bryan feels he's getting stronger. We'll make a decision on Wednesday (whether he'll try to practice).

Continue reading...

Pleeeeaaaase tell me Bulaga is ready! I don't know if Aaron can survive another game of Barclay 'blocking' for him. He completely whiffed on a number of plays. Gotta keep Aaron healthy and the Rams have a terror of a DL. C'mon Brian...we need you buddy!

Last edited:
Pleeeeaaaase tell me Bulaga is ready! I don't know if Aaron can survive another game of Barclay 'blocking' for him. He completely whiffed on a number of plays. Gotta keep Aaron healthy and the Rams have a terror of a DL. C'mon Brian...we need you buddy!

Bulaga might start to practice but I doubt he plays till after the Packers bye week.

Wouldn't be nearly as bad if Bak was really holding down the left side, but he isn't, so #12 can't be sure where the trouble is coming from.

Wouldn't be nearly as bad if Bak was really holding down the left side, but he isn't, so #12 can't be sure where the trouble is coming from.
I know I must come across as a total Ted basher, but I just don't understand putting two tackles like that out there to protect the best player in the NFL. If Rodgers gets hurt again, the Packers Super Bowl aspirations are done. Exasperating to this Packers fan. Hopefully, Bulaga can get healthy soon. And for what it's worth, Green Bay has a WAY better OL than Seattle. Russell Wilson is gonna get killed. Wow, they stink! wideeye))

Back