Maybe a diamond in the rough?

Terranimal

Reaction score
Caught an article in Wi Journal on Gary and his positional coach.

Probably a fluff story. But very glowing report from his positional coach. Story made it sound both are excited to work with each other.

Gary sounds like a rare player in combination of skills, size, and speed. The story was a very positive story spin.

If realized we got a steal in the draft. However will reserve judgement until a few years from now. Don't have the link as read it in print

we will see. going into the 2018 season Gary was thought to be the best defensive player in college, but things change. However, to even be mentioned in that discussion means there must be some skills there

Big question on Gary is that shoulder is it 100% or is it still messed up.

I hope he does live up to those lofty expectations they seem to have. They invested a top pick to get him. They can't afford a whiff like the Packers had a long time ago with Jamal Reynolds.

his skills were never in question, it's his motivation and commitment to every play that's the big issue.

will see in a few years. if he can capitalize on his skills the sky is the limit. hopefully he doesn't blow it up then disappear when he signs the next big contract like some others...

Let me start by saying this HC is my guy and I really like how he's going about things but..... not one padded practiced has happened. Not one game played even a preseason garbage game. It's fun to " wish upon a star" but that's part of why we didn't do crap the past two seasons. Yes T it's a fluff story as is Savage being anything other than a rookie safety in the NFL.

Hang tight folks only a couple more weeks until things get real.

Let me start by saying this HC is my guy and I really like how he's going about things but..... not one padded practiced has happened. Not one game played even a preseason garbage game. It's fun to " wish upon a star" but that's part of why we didn't do crap the past two seasons. Yes T it's a fluff story as is Savage being anything other than a rookie safety in the NFL.

Hang tight folks only a couple more weeks until things get real.
The ‘He’s a Steal’ comment came from Davante Adams. The raving about Gary came from Mike Smith. I haven’t read where ML has been publicly raving about steals and how great these rooks are. Has Matt been doing that? Not saying he hasn’t. I just don’t remember hearing that from him. I would want him building these kids up, but I haven’t seen where he’s gone overboard with it...unless he has. ;)

The ‘He’s a Steal’ comment came from Davante Adams. The raving about Gary came from Mike Smith. I haven’t read where ML has been publicly raving about steals and how great these rooks are. Has Matt been doing that? Not saying he hasn’t. I just don’t remember hearing that from him. I would want him building these kids up, but I haven’t seen where he’s gone overboard with it...unless he has. ;)

I was referring to the author of the article jumping the gun not ML. Sorry for the confusion

Don't know if he'll be a steal or not, but I never thought he was going to get by the Giants in the draft. He just seemed to be their kind of DL. So, I guess I was surprised he was still there. I still was craving me some Brian Burns, but apparently Pettine likes this body type a lot more. I think there is actually less pressure on Gary than there is on Savage. Hope Gute was right.

Back