Matt Lafleur story

I think blending some of the old regime's plays into LeFleur's playbook is a wise decision. If a play works, why would you throw it out? A good coach builds his play around not only his choices, but based on the relative ability of his players, and if there are plays that Rodgers was very successful at, why would LeFleur be stupid enough to throw them out to show he's "boss?"

If he didn't listen, and adjust to others, we'd have people screaming for his head because he was; "Set in his ways, and wouldn't listen to anyone!"

Anyhow, that's my opinion.
FYI the point of highlighting it was that we have seen multiple has he or has he not type arguments the past couple of years, the HC confirms it is a blend so that question is answered. ( Future reference folks for that argument in other threads and shout please point back here)

As to if it's a good thing and to counter your point, I know a lot of HOF coaches with 3 or 400 wins that wouldn't blend a damn thing to suit one man's ego, that's a very dangerous game that I've seen work well but also fail badly. Just saying it doesn't always prove to be an effective means of coaching. Completely appreciate the point of view though TW. Nice post. :)

I disagree. I doubt very much that LeFleur kept some of the old plays because it was good for Rodgers ego. I think he kept them because he agreed they would work, with the personnel they had available. That's good coaching. If he uses them, and they're effective, that proves the point.

If he did something like that, he would have lost control of his team from the start. They would have never respected his ability to lead. Not everything is about Rodgers ego.

But that's just my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own.

I think blending some of the old regime's plays into LeFleur's playbook is a wise decision. If a play works, why would you throw it out? A good coach builds his play around not only his choices, but based on the relative ability of his players, and if there are plays that Rodgers was very successful at, why would LeFleur be stupid enough to throw them out to show he's "boss?"

If he didn't listen, and adjust to others, we'd have people screaming for his head because he was; "Set in his ways, and wouldn't listen to anyone!"

Anyhow, that's my opinion.
Part of whatever deal they made with Aaron.

FYI the point of highlighting it was that we have seen multiple has he or has he not type arguments the past couple of years, the HC confirms it is a blend so that question is answered. ( Future reference folks for that argument in other threads and shout please point back here)

As to if it's a good thing and to counter your point, I know a lot of HOF coaches with 3 or 400 wins that wouldn't blend a damn thing to suit one man's ego, that's a very dangerous game that I've seen work well but also fail badly. Just saying it doesn't always prove to be an effective means of coaching. Completely appreciate the point of view though TW. Nice post. :)
I'll have to agree to this perspective. I don't think it's good practice to always allow a QB or any member of a team to sway the HC philosophy.

It's the same principal we saw with Favre and Sherman, they let him run the roost and it never really worked out.

Back