Madison is a Hockey Town

Crease Creature

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Screenshot 2023-11-13 142936.pngScreenshot 2023-11-13 143125.png

Took the weekend off and came back #1 in both polls, thanks in large part on the Men's side to BC going winless over their last two games. The guys' only loss is to the team directly behind him.

The ladies also had the weekend off, but travel to Columbus for a two game tilt with the nutters, hopefully solidifying their top spot.

Reactions: TW
View attachment 743View attachment 744

Took the weekend off and came back #1 in both polls, thanks in large part on the Men's side to BC going winless over their last two games. The guys' only loss is to the team directly behind him.

The ladies also had the weekend off, but travel to Columbus for a two game tilt with the nutters, hopefully solidifying their top spot.
Imagine a season where both win national championships. They could put a sign out calling themselves the #1 Hockey City in America, and it would be hard to argue against it. Then they could have a parade to honor both of them, and the Women's volleyball team, which I believe has a good shot at winning a national title too.

The change in coaching for the men is having an almost unbelievable roll-out. It's like someone flipped a switch, and all of a sudden these kids are saying; "Now, I get it!"

If this keeps up, we have a men's hockey coach who may end up winning every accolade for college hockey.

My guess is they'll keep cruising until the holiday tournament, beat Air Force handedly, and perhaps struggle with whomever the other opponent is. Duluth or Northeastern might be tough without any serious prep time. 2 games at Notre Dame, 2 at home vs Lindenwood, and then a second trip through the B1G.

Split those games at ND, go .500 after LU, and we're still looking at 22+ wins on the season. It'd be similar to Granato's first years but the team never looked this efficient under the previous staff. Hastings has them on an entirely different wavelength.

Coming back to this, I would not have guessed that it was 14-win Ohio State that would have been the thorn in our side.

4 of those 14 came at Wisconsin's expense.

Also, 26 wins is just a couple more than I thought possible. We're at the point where a first round exit in the NCAAs is going to be hugely disappointing, but who the heck would have said that in November? Not me.

Back