Lucas at Large: QBs ‘all in it’ for each other and the team

Rutgers, Va Tech are from Power 5 conferences, B1G and ACC and even Temple is from the AAC which includes UCF so it’s pretty decent part of “New Years Six” group. . The Texas schools i mentioned are not. Big difference. While “stars” are subjective and i do agree that they are somewhat misleading who you get offers from does matter. That’s why recruiting in Texas and Florida is so difficult. Both have multiple Power 5 schools and even 3 star kids have multiple options

Just because a team is in a top conference doesn't mean they're a top team in that conference, or that they deserve more respect than a school someone wishes to deem inferior because they aren't in the right conference. It's still just your opinion.

As far as the Austin area schools, I'm afraid my background with it comes from my son who coaches in the system. He's been in it now for nearly 15 years, so I think I'll stand with what I said. Your stats don't work with this one.

You are right that it is very difficult recruiting in Texas. That's why making inroads in the Austin area is wise.

UW will never recruit well on the WC or down south when you have top schools out there that are a lot more attractive to go to over UW.

UW will never recruit well on the WC or down south when you have top schools out there that are a lot more attractive to go to over UW.

Bielema had nice pipeline in Florida with James White and Aaron Henry and actually Brisette was going to commit to UW before his mom basically said you are going to Florida and if BB stayed at Wisconsin Alex Collins was going to Madison. We have never really been that active in the WC and Texas, Anderson was and it was a disaster

Back