Lang indicates in Tweet that knee injury isn't serious

So Tom Silverstein reads the sentence, "I'll be alright" and rushes to print with the breaking news that the injury is not serious.

What the heck do they expect Lang to say? The statement, "I'll be alright" is as innocuous and vague as a statement can be. Silverstein's spent too much time in this gig to read anything substantial into that. That's just what players say.

Whole lotta nothin' here.

So Tom Silverstein reads the sentence, "I'll be alright" and rushes to print with the breaking news that the injury is not serious.

What the heck do they expect Lang to say? The statement, "I'll be alright" is as innocuous and vague as a statement can be. Silverstein's spent too much time in this gig to read anything substantial into that. That's just what players say.

Whole lotta nothin' here.

Agree. Not sure how the heck he jumps to that conclusion but that's about as vague as you can get.

Cripes, every time I got knocked out in the ring or in a hockey game, the first words out of my mouth when I woke up were, "I'm alright." I remember more than one time saying, "I'll be fine" while being loaded into an ambulance. It's what you say when you're injured. Pro athletes don't tweet, "Oh, my god, it hurts so much, how can I ever stand this?" That's not the culture. You man up and say you're OK, minimize the injury, downplay it. Silverstein has spent enough time around athletes that he should know that.

I saw somewhere else that it is the same injury as Bulaga had so does that mean meniscus?

From Rob Demovsky,
Ouch
: On the same day the Packers got right tackle Bryan Bulaga back after he missed three weeks to a knee injury, they lost right guard T.J. Lang to the same injury. He was taken to the locker room on a cart and did not return. Two other defensive players also dropped out and did not return: OLB Nick Perry (shoulder) and NT B.J. Raji (groin).

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/23886/packers-rely-on-their-defense-to-beat-rams

Last edited:
Back